Power pad batteries

Slick silver

Well since gps has been turned on a couple weeks ago I have barely been able to get a full day out of my power pad just doing a 9 hr day with about 75 deliveries. Finally the last 2 days, my power pad has shut down with the final 10 deliveries having to go old school with the signature record sheet. I hope tomorrow I can get a extra battery. Also, peak looks to be a lot of fun coming up in a couple months. I can see new hires not even knowing what to do

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
Well since gps has been turned on a couple weeks ago I have barely been able to get a full day out of my power pad just doing a 9 hr day with about 75 deliveries. Finally the last 2 days, my power pad has shut down with the final 10 deliveries having to go old school with the signature record sheet. I hope tomorrow I can get a extra battery. Also, peak looks to be a lot of fun coming up in a couple months. I can see new hires not even knowing what to do
Do you guys get messages all afternoon from different routes needing PP or printer batteries? We do. Also, do only certain routes get printer batteries?

Purplepackage

Covering a route this week, deliver 200 pieces by 2, power pad is already at 20% switch batteries, pick up 250 pieces, power pad is at 10% by the time I head in

Thanks Fedex

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
Is that really a thing? We have more than enough printer batteries
Definitely a real thing. For awhile I was forced to take a printer with me on road everyday, by the Gatekeeper. (Nowhere to put them. LMAO). I finally started refusing to take it. WTH should I carry the thing around with no friggin battery? Our SM won't spend money on batteries.

whenIgetthere

I'm between 100 and 110 deliveries a day, and my PP never gets down to 20%, unless I stay out and cover the PUP route in my area.

McFeely

Huge Member
On road 9 hours a day doing about 120 stops a day and no battery issues for me. I do have one of the extended life ones, though.

Only issue I'm having now is when I dock my PPAD at the end of the day it literally takes 5-10 minutes for my GPS data to transfer. At least I'm still on the clock!

Code 82 Approved

Titanium Plus+ Level Member with benefits!
I don't need to anymore, but I went through a spell where I would need 3 batteries a day. When the P&D manager scoffed, I agreed to take 2 up until the point both were dead and he'd have to run one out to me at 5pm. 5ish he was on his way to the depot to bring me my 3rd, opened all of my pickup windows and never bothered to question me again.

STFXG

I carry chargers with spares. Not sure why you all don't have them. Seems dumb not to, but that's FedEx.

SmithBarney

I carry chargers with spares. Not sure why you all don't have them. Seems dumb not to, but that's FedEx.

Some things will save your battery, first playing with the PPAD all day looking for stops etc will kill it, try to use it less, and remember your stops more.

I run about 125-140 stops a day, sometimes see the 20% or 10% battery life meter even with 10% left you should get over an hour of use. (I've even seen 0% left, not sure how that's possible, but it never shut off in the last 30min of the day)

Doesn't make sense, I did the research(not very hard) a charger runs about $100 retail, a new battery is about $115-130... But FDX buys in bulk so I could see that being cheaper.
We only have 5 spare batteries all extra batteries are held at gunpoint by our gatekeeper, don't dare ask for one..(or anything else for that matter)

SmithBarney

On road 9 hours a day doing about 120 stops a day and no battery issues for me. I do have one of the extended life ones, though.

Only issue I'm having now is when I dock my PPAD at the end of the day it literally takes 5-10 minutes for my GPS data to transfer. At least I'm still on the clock!

We had this issue the first week, but they fixed it. Make sure you are still signed on to dispatch when you do your 01(end time card) it'll transmit.
If you are really worried about getting your timecard printout, if your station still has IR ports, you can hit those, your timecard info will transmit, you can logoff, rack the PPAD, get your printout, punchout and go home. If my stuff isn't printed when I'm ready to leave, I just punchout, I'll sign off the timecard mañana.

Code 82 Approved

Some things will save your battery, first playing with the PPAD all day looking for stops etc will kill it, try to use it less, and remember your stops more.

I run about 125-140 stops a day, sometimes see the 20% or 10% battery life meter even with 10% left you should get over an hour of use. (I've even seen 0% left, not sure how that's possible, but it never shut off in the last 30min of the day)

Doesn't make sense, I did the research(not very hard) a charger runs about $100 retail, a new battery is about $115-130... But FDX buys in bulk so I could see that being cheaper.
We only have 5 spare batteries all extra batteries are held at gunpoint by our gatekeeper, don't dare ask for one..(or anything else for that matter)
Mine kill the scanners at 13%, I have been at 10% in the building, and closed out. 5 batteries as spares? Someone doesn't like your hub...or you are the clearinghouse for hand sheets.
I've seen batteries explode like the new Samsung note 7 batteries, do they only order one in a case like that?

SmithBarney

Mine kill the scanners at 13%, I have been at 10% in the building, and closed out. 5 batteries as spares? Someone doesn't like your hub...or you are the clearinghouse for hand sheets.
I've seen batteries explode like the new Samsung note 7 batteries, do they only order one in a case like that?

We may have more, but like I said only 5 are available, but our Gatekeeper is very guarded, want a new Stylus, need Manager Approval, want a different printer battery cause the one you got is smashed from being dropped(by someone else) and doesn't fit, ask a Manager... some folks are just power hungry, working as glorified secretaries... don't get me wrong our other SAAs(CSAs) are completely on point and run the show...but one has a stick up their rear.

Code 82 Approved

We may have more, but like I said only 5 are available, but our Gatekeeper is very guarded, want a new Stylus, need Manager Approval, want a different printer battery cause the one you got is smashed from being dropped(by someone else) and doesn't fit, ask a Manager... some folks are just power hungry, working as glorified secretaries... don't get me wrong our other SAAs(CSAs) are completely on point and run the show...but one has a stick up their rear.
I guess we are spoiled. But we have capacity for 22x8 inside and 40 Straight trucks, so things are going to be broken, lost and not brought back to the 6x4 foot room we get our scanners at from 2 football fields away.

FedexCares

This issue was brought up when we had our big station meeting when they announced GPS is now going to be activated at all times. We were told by management that Memphis had thoroughly tested the GPS effect on battery life and found it to make little to no difference. Yet most days I get the 20% message before I return to station, and I never got this before. This is a normal 7-8 hour day as well. I'm hoping they will let me bring an extra battery on road during peak or this could get ugly.

Code 82 Approved

This issue was brought up when we had our big station meeting when they announced GPS is now going to be activated at all times. We were told by management that Memphis had thoroughly tested the GPS effect on battery life and found it to make little to no difference. Yet most days I get the 20% message before I return to station, and I never got this before. This is a normal 7-8 hour day as well. I'm hoping they will let me bring an extra battery on road during peak or this could get ugly.

Another solution for battery death was affixing vision stickers to the hand sheets, group them 4 wide as many down the page as it takes, use a whole page per stop if you had to, Call CPC for your pickups waiver and let the station pay someone overtime to enter them all in.

Don't stay after school to write them all in. You always gotta pick up kids or something clever.

dezguy

After 6 hours, my battery is usually around 20%. I don't care though. If I run out, I run out. Just means I have to go manual and that's when I really start taking my time.

Swngdrvr

We recently got some larger power pad batteries. All swings got one, and most of the extended routes did also.

The issue with those is, they randomly freeze your power pad and nobody knows why, and you have to get a different pad once that happens.

BoxStomper69

Goldmember
They hand out batteries like candy, here. If I left a spare baterry in the truck, they give me another battery to replace that one until I can give them all back.

They last about 200-250 charges for me. Nothing worse than the PP shutting down at 55%