Power zone

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
....sounds to me like the company is making, "......reasonable accomadation to the known limitations of an otherwise qualified handicapped individual.".

See if they will do the same for an hourly union employee.

Believe it or not we have 2 former drivers in our building that were given inside jobs after being disquailified from driving for medical reasons. It does happen.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
The pathetic part of all this is that, at time of purchase, power steering would have added less than $250 to the cost of a vehicle with a 30 year life expectancy.

Thats about 8 bucks a year to prevent carpal tunnel, bursitis, tendinitis, and all the other neck and shoulder problems that occur when you force people to spend 10 hours a day fighting equipment that is totally inadquate for the job at hand.

The reality is that the small investment in power steering would have paid for itself in a manner of weeks when you factor in the increased SPORH that is possible in a properly designed vehicle.

I can only conclude that the omission of power steering was an intentional, calculated decision that was made in order to force older drivers into early retirement by making the equipment impossible for them to use.

fxdwg

Long Time Member
My Supe rode along the other day for my yearly ride. My truck was in the shop so I had an old beast of a P10. Just wrestling it out of the corner of the building was like trying to keep Reggie White off of a QB. A couple of times she requested that I carry 1 pound pkgs by opposite corners close to my body. She didn't seem to notice that I had to reach 2 feet in front of my body to muscle the vehicle around the corner. SAFETY FIRST!

Man o' Great Wisdom:
Are you brown or purple?