Powerpad cameras ~ pics of driver releases

OrioN

double tap o da horn dooshbag
Ok so i heard that they are testing these in a certain region of the usa...

that way, when the customer enters the tracking number from the package and / or the doortag number, they can see where the driver / courier had left the box, bag, envelope, bag, or irreg parcel

Pretty neat if they're doing that, using the tech that's built in these Motorola scanners... i already carry 2 additional batteries, so thats not a problem

will UPS follow suit with their Honeywell diads? Who knows...

dezguy

We have PT people going out and running through two batteries (if they're lucky enough to get there when the few spare batteries we have are still around) on a 4 hour route.

bacha29

For what it's worth, Ground talked about this about a decade ago. It never went very far because of what was expected to be a very outraged customer having the delivery person taking unauthorized pictures of their residence . Even though the focus of the picture would be the box there would have been no way to avoid including in the image some of their back porch, front door etc. Given that X is having a very hard time maintaining a positive public image doing something like this is likely be one of their dumbest moves ever.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
For what it's worth, Ground talked about this about a decade ago. It never went very far because of what was expected to be a very outraged customer having the delivery person taking unauthorized pictures of their residence . Even though the focus of the picture would be the box there would have been no way to avoid including in the image some of their back porch, front door etc. Given that X is having a very hard time maintaining a positive public image doing something like this is likely be one of their dumbest moves ever.

That almost guarantees they will do it.

OrioN

double tap o da horn dooshbag
It never went very far because of what was expected to be a very outraged customer having the delivery person taking unauthorized pictures of their residence . Even though the focus of the picture would be the box there would have been no way to avoid including in the image some of their back porch, front door etc.

But, Google's street view of homes are ok then?

As for the batteries, i noticed a couple of "fatter" li-ion battery packs in our chargers.... hmm

bacha29

That's the difference. Google is the view from the street. Snapping a photo while standing on the customer's property, well that might open up a whole new can of worms.

It will be fine

I don't see the possible positives. Does the customer not know what their front door looks like? It would be a giant waste of time for no real gain. I'm sure it'll be in the next software update.

Express Courier

I took a pic with the ppad one time by accident. I was sitting on the powerpad and it was making all kind of ppad noises and when I picked it up it had a picture on the screen of the passenger side of my sprinter. lol I don't even know how I managed to do that.

I've casually glanced through the settings after that and didn't notice the camera option. Kind of weird that my ass found it though.

Star B

White Lightening
You would think they would get rid of the signature sheets (I'm blanking on the proper term) by taking a pic of the signed door tag with a camera before all this crap.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
You would think they would get rid of the signature sheets (I'm blanking on the proper term) by taking a pic of the signed door tag with a camera before all this crap.

Delivery records. What a waste of paper! So many days I will have only ONE signature on an 8 1/2 by 11 sheet of paper.

Express Courier

Oh also when accidentally hitting release on a package that needs a signature, it deletes the tracking number and all the info (if you typed it in). That :censored2: is annoying.