PowerPad Problems? FAIL!!

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
What is up with these pieces of crap? My station has 5 or 6 that go down every afternoon. It's almost like the tracker days when you had to take 2 with you because the chances were good the first would fail. Apparently this is acceptable to our great leaders....amazing. Perhaps MT3 would view things differently if he was out on a heavy PU route and then had his Ppad lock-up at 1600 or so. You're only as good as the equipment you work with. Oh, that's right. He gets his pedicure and butt waxing every day at 1600...it wouldn't work out for him.

SmithBarney

I was at a station where we each had our "own" ppad with our name on it.. never seemed to have problems. At my current station, we get what ever is on top of the pile.

Did you have the wonderful experience when the time changed this fall... a software upgrade took down every single powerpad.(not just our station)

Washu234

This was actually discussed in the most recent Frontline.

Apparently there's been a lot of work on the hardware including a battery redesign. My station recently received new batteries for all of its PowerPads. This seemed to help a lot with the Powerpad turning off randomly.

Also - Always try a 'warm-boot' of a Powerpad when it freezes. This can be done by holding Clear (Clr) + H + Go at the same time. This will cause the Powerpad to completely reset but it WILL retain all scans and information including time cards. You will have to reinitiate your printer and re-login to dispatch but this fixes most issues 99% of the time.

If you warm-boot mid Pup/Pod call your dispatch and have them look up the tracking number to see what scans come up.

D

Dis-organized Labor

What is up with these pieces of crap? My station has 5 or 6 that go down every afternoon. It's almost like the tracker days when you had to take 2 with you because the chances were good the first would fail. Apparently this is acceptable to our great leaders....amazing. Perhaps MT3 would view things differently if he was out on a heavy PU route and then had his Ppad lock-up at 1600 or so. You're only as good as the equipment you work with. Oh, that's right. He gets his pedicure and butt waxing every day at 1600...it wouldn't work out for him.

Is that a menstrual thing issued to all FDX drivers regardless?????
Since you brought up butt waxing, I naturally assumed.....:dont_know:

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Is that a menstrual thing issued to all FDX drivers regardless?????
Since you brought up butt waxing, I naturally assumed.....:dont_know:

MT3 is code for Matthew Thornton III, Esquire...one of our fearless upper management leaders. He's "down" and "cool" with us hourlies, because he's just one of us...not. Always looking out for the employee and providing us with superior equipment.

Washu234

Printer can also be used for one of our best but underused features - call tags. Where you as a business call in and ask that the powerpad generate the air bill and the address label. I get one maybe once a month. Seriously you walk in ask where the box is hit 'go' print two labels throw them on the box and you go. No paperwork. No internet connect needed from the customer. Just done.

SmithBarney

Yes Express Tags are nice... and should be used more often...
when I was with UPS we were trying to eliminate Airbill usage.

I wish FedEx would encourage more shippers to not use them.
The 7-10% discount doesn't seem to be enticing enough...

DOWNTRODDEN IN TEXAS

MT3 is code for Matthew Thornton III, Esquire...one of our fearless upper management leaders. He's "down" and "cool" with us hourlies, because he's just one of us...not. Always looking out for the employee and providing us with superior equipment.

Has anyone else noticed his hand patterns? Open palms, open palm, knuckle. Last Frontline, he didn't use the knuckle, but he did tell us we are in for a tough "munt"...

Washu234

Has anyone else noticed his hand patterns? Open palms, open palm, knuckle. Last Frontline, he didn't use the knuckle, but he did tell us we are in for a tough "munt"...

A Manager caught one of my buddies who'd come in late that day and made a sarcastic comment about how no matter what the start time was he was always starting the same time.

The driver responded "I'm just doing what my boy on frontline asked for. Providing consistency". I couldn't help but bust laughing.

BLACKBOX

Life is a Highway...

That's funny, kinda like when OJ was a sportscaster. He use to pronounce the word "those" by saying "doze". "Doze" guys are professionals and should be emulated.

DOWNTRODDEN IN TEXAS

A Manager caught one of my buddies who'd come in late that day and made a sarcastic comment about how no matter what the start time was he was always starting the same time.

The driver responded "I'm just doing what my boy on frontline asked for. Providing consistency". I couldn't help but bust laughing.

As Kelso would say on That 70's Show.......... "BURN!!!"...LMAO

That is funny as all get out, did the manager "ask" or "aksed" him? ROFLMAO!