PPH is Out of Our Control

doodoobrwn

Everyday for the last 2 months I've worked on our 400 belt. We have a rookie supervisor and everyday he gives me a documented talk with regarding my pph. He wrote me up for a 222 pph when our goal is 225. He also wrote me up because my boots are starting to show wear. I write all hin #s and put packages in stop order I don't stack out and rarely have misloads I make sure I cover all the things I can get fired for. My father is a union steward he advised me to file a grievance however he is a driver and doesn't know much of our guidelines. If I decide to file a grievance what articles can I write as violations.

HardknocksUPSer

Harassment, as long as you've told him your doing the best you can when your truly giving it your 100 but it's not good enough. If you've told him and he insist it's harassment in my opinion.

Box Ox

He wrote me up for a 222 pph when our goal is 225. He also wrote me up because my boots are starting to show wear.

His goal is 225. And if you meet his goal it'll only go higher. Your goal is whatever you can safely work at.

And your shoes are starting to show wear? Of course they are. You work for a living.

I don't know how anyone anywhere can actually get written up for stuff like that. Get your local involved and make it known that harassment from management won't be worth their time.

BakerMayfield2018

Fight the power.
Ask for a steward when he comes over for that crap.
image.jpg

Cowboy Mac

His goal is 225. And if you meet his goal it'll only go higher. Your goal is whatever you can safely work at.

And your shoes are starting to show wear? Of course they are. You work for a living.

I don't know how anyone anywhere can actually get written up for stuff like that. Get your local involved and make it known that harassment from management won't be worth their time.

They can't do ANYTHING to you for not meeting goals. If they start doing hourly work, send you home early, send you out to another area, or break the contract in any way ask why. Usually the response is something like "You're too slow" or "because I can". Use the why against them in a harassment grievance.

Also they can't even threaten to do stuff for not meeting goals. So a supervisor can't say "If you don't hurry up I'm gonna send you home" or "If you don't meet this PPH requirement, I'm gonna write you up" it's an automatic harassment grievance.

J

jibbs

They can't do ANYTHING to you for not meeting goals. If they start doing hourly work, send you home early, send you out to another area, or break the contract in any way ask why. Usually the response is something like "You're too slow" or "because I can". Use the why against them in a harassment grievance.

Also they can't even threaten to do stuff for not meeting goals. So a supervisor can't say "If you don't hurry up I'm gonna send you home" or "If you don't meet this PPH requirement, I'm gonna write you up" it's an automatic harassment grievance.

Just for curiosity's sake, what would the grievance be if they simply sent you home and had another hourly fill your spot just because you weren't meeting "their" goals (i.e. moving too slow)? Would there even be one? That doesn't sound like harassment, but it also doesn't sound right.... but hey, you never know until you ask.

(just a question.... no argument here today ^_^)

J

jibbs

That makes sense.... but what if that weren't the case, though?

Is that the "right" way for supervisors to try to weed out what they consider underperformers? By sending the employee in question home only for his work to be handled by a more senior employee?

I'm just curious because I like to know if I'm actually justified or not before filing a grievance, and it's hard to do that when you're ignorant of a lot of this :censored2:. Now that we're talking about it, though, that actually sounds like it'd be a grievance-free way of getting undesirables (to the particular supervisor) out of the way, however temporarily.... Especially if they tell the employee that they can go home instead of saying that they want the guy off the clock. I got hip to that little trick a looooong time ago.

Cowboy Mac

That makes sense.... but what if that weren't the case, though?

Is that the "right" way for supervisors to try to weed out what they consider underperformers? By sending the employee in question home only for his work to be handled by a more senior employee?

I'm just curious because I like to know if I'm actually justified or not before filing a grievance, and it's hard to do that when you're ignorant of a lot of this :censored2:. Now that we're talking about it, though, that actually sounds like it'd be a grievance-free way of getting undesirables (to the particular supervisor) out of the way, however temporarily.... Especially if they tell the employee that they can go home instead of saying that they want the guy off the clock. I got hip to that little trick a looooong time ago.

That's why you always ask why. Because most supervisors can't help themselves but make a smart comment. The grievance would be for harassment. "So and so sent me home because (insert supervisors words in quotes here). "

Also, that only works for the supervisor if the slacker has no seniority in the area. In the outbounds, it only takes a few weeks to gain seniority because people quit all the time. Then they would have to send every single junior employee home before the slacker. This results in a breach of seniority grievance and the slacker getting to go home while he gets paid for the time that junior employees work.

Last edited:

doodoobrwn

Oh my gosh I'm so glad I started back posting I can file a bajillion grievances he touches packages all day everyday, he always tells "G****** if you don't meet 300 PPH first hour or 225 PPH all day it'll be a documented talk with and tomorrow will be a warning letter" and I just work harder and I never knew thought they would manipulate me like that just to work harder guys I'm honestly giving 1000% towards this job everyday because I see a bright future plus I work another job as well and I'm burning myself out for these people to "use" me...