pranks...

raceanoncr

Sorry, but I'm having a hard time with this one. Dis on me if you want but I gotta comment.

I don't welcome, appreciate, laugh at any pranks directed at me or my job while on the clock. I've got too much equipment to check out and drive all day/night with peace of mind to wonder what someone has done NOW for a laugh.

In feeders, I've developed a routine over the years that has kept ME safe and I don't want anything/body disrupting that routine. I even tell that to the ride-a-longs during the day/night. Don't bug me now, telling me I missed that or this or that this procedure is now changed or talk about your piss-poor family life while I am pre-tripping, driving or post-tripping.

We even practiced this while on sleepers. When one driver was on duty, he was on duty for EVERYTHING, meaning he pre-tripped, ran to the office, did paperwork, drove, unhooked. Why? So he didn't forget something or think the OTHER driver did it. My partner tried to BS with me on our first week, even pointing out things that I did different than him on pre-trip. I politely made it known that, in order for us to get along and for me and him to feel safe, to leave me alone for this time so I don't forget anything. I have a routine.

I admit some of these pranks are or could be funny but for me, NO! Prank me off the clock.

badpal

before anybody says it, i dont sit at work ****in around all day and pull pranks

but we do **** around every once in a while at work, when freight is slow (im at ups freight)

anyways, heres some of the best ones:

we took a roll of masking tape and taped this one guys forklift levers together, wrapped it around there like 20 times

(this one was funny as hell) it was the first snow of this season, this guy was breaking a corner trailer, well he was in his trailer and one of the guys shut his door and latched it so he couldnt get out, then 3 of us climbed down the dock with shovels and packed them with snow, then he was bangin on the door and one of the guys opened it and BOOOOOOOM he got smashed with snow :happy-very:

we picked up the rear end of another guys forklift with another forklift, and put a small wood skid underneath it so when he started driving, he couldnt turn at all...he was like ***?!:angry:

that **** was funny

last one i can think of is tellin the new guys to go to the shop and get there forklift tires inflated (they are solid rubber), or telling them to get **** like turn signal fluid or whatever we can think of:wink2:
you boys in freight are a fun bunch

8up

years ago, just as DIAD III came out we were told that we wouldn't have to have to make phone sends because the board had a built in radio. i told a couple of drivers that the OMS could open the mic at anytime and listen in on what was being said. that had 'em goin' for awhile.

chev

Nightcrawler
Sorry, but I'm having a hard time with this one. Dis on me if you want but I gotta comment.

I don't welcome, appreciate, laugh at any pranks directed at me or my job while on the clock. I've got too much equipment to check out and drive all day/night with peace of mind to wonder what someone has done NOW for a laugh.

In feeders, I've developed a routine over the years that has kept ME safe and I don't want anything/body disrupting that routine. I even tell that to the ride-a-longs during the day/night. Don't bug me now, telling me I missed that or this or that this procedure is now changed or talk about your piss-poor family life while I am pre-tripping, driving or post-tripping.

We even practiced this while on sleepers. When one driver was on duty, he was on duty for EVERYTHING, meaning he pre-tripped, ran to the office, did paperwork, drove, unhooked. Why? So he didn't forget something or think the OTHER driver did it. My partner tried to BS with me on our first week, even pointing out things that I did different than him on pre-trip. I politely made it known that, in order for us to get along and for me and him to feel safe, to leave me alone for this time so I don't forget anything. I have a routine.

I admit some of these pranks are or could be funny but for me, NO! Prank me off the clock.
Hey, that's cool. You have a right to not partake, and in that point of view, I completely understand. When it comes to safety, it is probably best to not screw with someones routine. We generally know who will and will not appreciate the gag in our department.:wink2:

LiL"Comet"

You awful woman. :laughing:

Cementups

Box Monkey
I don't do so much as pranks as messing with people who think that their work is more important than mine. My neighbor driver si always up in a tissy that he has all these NDA's that need to be delivered. so one day when he wwas in quite a hurry I got up in his cab, completely unraveled his seatbelt and tied it in several knots aroudn his door handle. I was ready for it, but the next day he went off on me like I screwed his wife. Said it took him about 5-10 minutes to get it undone. He did listen though when I expplained to him that was trying to help to learn to relax. If you just take your time and go with the flow, things will take care of themselves. He's still a little uptight but he's much better then he used to be, but still needs knocked down a rung or two.

This is minor but in the morning I will drink a chocolate milk. During the PCM I will finish it and look around for a driver with an empty DIAD pouch and will slowly drop it in there for them to dispose of later. Everyone I do this to knows it's me and I usually hear about it later, but it's worth it.

bottom line: if you act like you are in a hurry, I am going to **** with you. Slow and steady wins the race.

I learned my two things from my training sup. He did them to me to see if i actually comprehended what I saw.

i agree 100% with raceanorcr on this one, i wont mess with anyones stuff, theres a few that will shut valves and change air lines around, which even after you have found and fixed it you may still wonder if thats ALL they did. i have the same routine also and if my sup or someone messes that up i start over, plain and simple, trust me i love pranks but there not worth my pay check!

browndude

we had this one guy believing that when the pkgs come down the belt if you scanned it upside down it would put the tracking numbers in backwards. it was funny as hell watchin him turn them all around.

BigBrownSanta

A few years back we had a couple of guys that liked to play pranks on each other. The two of them worked on different belts that faced each other. Well, one day one of guys crawled under the grating, under the belts and under the other guys grating to sneak up on him. I don't know what he did, but the two got into a pushing match and one of them fell and busted his head open bad. Both of them lost their jobs. It started a saying in our building...

"it's all fun and games until someone gets hurt".