Pre-Employment Drug Screening for UPS Software Engineers

kynphlee

I've read the threads dealing with pre-employment drug screening for UPS, and I understand how they would screen candidates for package handlers and delivery drivers, but for the position that I'm going for, I have found no answers. The position I'm applying for is for an Intermediate Application Developer (basically, a software engineer). From my experience, software engineers do not have to lift heavy packages, drive trucks or operate heavy machinery (for all the potential trolls out there, there's my trump card, lol). So, I would like to know - especially from anyone in the software engineering and IT department - if they do any drug screening for their IT department positions. Not looking for any trolling or flame wars, please.

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
I've read the threads dealing with pre-employment drug screening for UPS, and I understand how they would screen candidates for package handlers and delivery drivers, but for the position that I'm going for, I have found no answers. The position I'm applying for is for an Intermediate Application Developer (basically, a software engineer). From my experience, software engineers do not have to lift heavy packages, drive trucks or operate heavy machinery (for all the potential trolls out there, there's my trump card, lol). So, I would like to know - especially from anyone in the software engineering and IT department - if they do any drug screening for their IT department positions. Not looking for any trolling or flame wars, please.

Don't take this personally, please.

But, I really don't think UPS would appreciate a doper writing or administering code.

joeboodog

good people drink good beer
For reals. Could really hold back the ORION team.
Our ORION team.
DOCTOR!.jpg

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
Depends what's your drug of choice

NonDeliverOtherMissed

Been there 15 years..only people have been drug tested was a serious car accident- ambulance called, or car towed from scene. ...have had drivers get seriously injured, broken leg, dislocated wrist- no drug test. ...if u get a dui outside of work and put on their substance abuse program u will get tested....as far as pre employment goes...never heard of a drug test unless it was for feeders(cdl). Not for package car, so would assume not for your position either. At least in my area..don't know if that's company wide.(maybe Colorado)

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
having a shot as a crack head? LOL.....i never touch the stuff

so there's little chance of a drug screen?

Maybe, maybe not.

Look at it this way. If corporate really does monitor this forum, you have told us that you are applying for a specialized job. Somebody in HR might just decide to test all applicants for software engineers after reading this.

You may have just screwed yourself.

Billy Ray

God, help us all.....

Go find a job elsewhere.