Pre Load Safety Co-chair

UnfitAlbatross

hey everyone. I've been with UPS for almost two years, been the safety co-chair for about 6 months. Well I don't want to do it anymore, there's so much stuff to do and not enough time to get it done.

I don't want it to sound like I'm complaining, I don't mind doing it but I have to stop my actual job to get my safety stuff taken care of. I want To stop doing it but I don't want to look bad. Any advice?

Thanks everyone in advanced.

Coalminer2005

They have safety hours available for you to get the work done. Do it after your sort is finished. If they don't allow you to do it then their not serious about safety and are wasting your time.

UnfitAlbatross

They have safety hours available for you to get the work done. Do it after your sort is finished. If they don't allow you to do it then their not serious about safety and are wasting your time.

I only get time for my weekly conference calls and maybe 20 minutes after the safety meeting to get the minutes in the system. When I ask for time and it seems like I'm inconveniencing them for asking for it. It feels like every step forward I take, I'm taking three more back.

We have about 7 people who show up to the meeting regularly, one only does it for the snacks they bring in. I was trying to get more people to show up and get serious about it but it seems no one wants to put in the effort. The only time people get serious about safety is when they come in on Friday and realize we're not going to be having coffee and donuts due to an injury.

It's pretty demoralizing if I say so myself..

P

pickup

The only time people get serious about safety is when they come in on Friday and realize we're not going to be having coffee and donuts due to an injury ..

Just as well, according to my safety committee , coffee is dehydrating and vegetables should be eaten in place of donuts.

badpal

hey everyone. I've been with UPS for almost two years, been the safety co-chair for about 6 months. Well I don't want to do it anymore, there's so much stuff to do and not enough time to get it done.

I don't want it to sound like I'm complaining, I don't mind doing it but I have to stop my actual job to get my safety stuff taken care of. I want To stop doing it but I don't want to look bad. Any advice?

Thanks everyone in advanced.
Sorry, I believe its a lifetime commitment ,kinda like the supreme court.

Notretiredyet

No need to stress over this, write a letter of resignation explaining your concerns to the district safety manager regarding the lack of available time to do the job. This is a voluntary position, treat it as such and quit.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)