Pre-loaders and peak

Jeremaih156

I was just wondering what was the most hours you clocked in a week during peak ? And if you can, estimate the average number of hours you will get this peak.

ChrisTheBrown

I worked my first & only preload last year, (will be driving from here on out) & worked around 40 hours between preload & driver helping a little bit. I'm sure your hours will vary depending on the location & whatever your management wants..But count on at least 40 a week for sure. My start times were between 12:30-1am every day, as opposed to 4-5am.

Sent using BrownCafe App

aiian

I was just wondering what was the most hours you clocked in a week during peak ? And if you can, estimate the average number of hours you will get this peak.

Try not to count your chickens before they hatch.

Yes, the paychecks get bigger. No, you won't have time to enjoy them.

EastBrown N Down

I have a better question. the temporary full time ripoff that they want me to sign up for, this is just a way for them to get out of paying me ot correct? They say if I don't do the straight 8 then all ot goes to senior employees. . There must be enough work to go around though.. am I wrong in this assumption?

EastBrown N Down

To clarify the temp ft is 40 guaranteed hrs, as opposed to 4 plus what ever scraps they throw my way, which I am thinking will be more than scraps honestly, I load 296 pph and have 0 misloads for the last 10 days with not more than 2 in a day ever (fully knowing I just jinxed myself)

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
To clarify the temp ft is 40 guaranteed hrs, as opposed to 4 plus what ever scraps they throw my way, which I am thinking will be more than scraps honestly, I load 296 pph and have 0 misloads for the last 10 days with not more than 2 in a day ever (fully knowing I just jinxed myself)
Guaranteed 40 hrs at what payrate?

I have a better question. the temporary full time ripoff that they want me to sign up for, this is just a way for them to get out of paying me ot correct? They say if I don't do the straight 8 then all ot goes to senior employees. . There must be enough work to go around though.. am I wrong in this assumption?
Years ago they tried that at my building. Guaranteed us 8 hours with no OT. We all turned it down and worked over 8 hours with OT after 5. Lots of work to go around.

EastBrown N Down

The same pay rate your at currently. I'm new so I'm at 11. I thought it was a company wide program the way they talked it up.. all they do is guarantee you 8 hours a day for peak, and you get first dibs on overtime, then, if you are not in the "straight 8" program ot is distributed by seniority.

Yeah pt, that's what I figure. It seemed like a scheme to get the ot hours down to a minimal. I figure with the batch of guys (the ones that don't walk out between day 1-3) the they are going to need me to work as much as possible. Not that I'm a super loader, although I'm efficient and accurate, I lack in the "tetris skills" needed to blow out a truck properly.

Last edited:

AndUPSER

The same pay rate your at currently. I'm new so I'm at 11. I thought it was a company wide program the way they talked it up.. all they do is guarantee you 8 hours a day for peak, and you get first dibs on overtime, then, if you are not in the "straight 8" program ot is distributed by seniority.

Does your hub have multiple sorts? I know people who have worked 20 hours straight, 15 hours of overtime, in one day.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
SO they're "guaranteeing" you 40 hours at 11/hr straight time? DO NOT do it...that is a total and utter ripoff. You will be working 40 hours minimum during peak preload...and everything over 25 hours should be OT. Don't give up your OT...tell them to KYA

EastBrown N Down

Yeah thanks BB that's what I figured just wanted to ask.

@ andupser, I'm not really sure about multiple sorts I'm in week 6, so I don't know much about the hub, other than what impacts me on a daily basis. I'll have to check on that.