Pre-loading misloads.

ryansox

Got a question. I am new at UPS and wanted to know how many miss loads do management usually tolerate before/if you get fired? Like lets say I preload about 3500-4000 boxes a week and get 2 misloads. Is that considered ok?

UPSGUY72

Got a question. I am new at UPS and wanted to know how many miss loads do management usually tolerate before/if you get fired? Like lets say I preload about 3500-4000 boxes a week and get 2 misloads. Is that considered ok?

You just keep missloading 2 a week and your going find yourself working in another part of the building (ie unloading trailers).

ryansox

You just keep missloading 2 a week and your going find yourself working in another part of the building (ie unloading trailers).

yea lol I wanted to know if there was some number or formula they use. I usually average 1-3 a month but there are others that get like 5 a week around me...

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
yea lol I wanted to know if there was some number or formula they use. I usually average 1-3 a month but there are others that get like 5 a week around me...
As far as I know there isn't any formula. We have a couple of misloaders that are pros now. They never move, I take that back. They move to another truck when one driver gets tired of the misloads. But never fear, they'll be back.

djkre8r

The goal at my center is 1 for 5000. Two years ago I was terminated 3 times in 2 weeks for missloads. Filed on it and 9 months later all "charges" were dropped. I never lost a day of work. You CAN'T get fired for missloads - but they can try to make your life miserable!

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

The goal at my center is 1 for 5000. Two years ago I was terminated 3 times in 2 weeks for missloads. Filed on it and 9 months later all "charges" were dropped. I never lost a day of work. You CAN'T get fired for missloads - but they can try to make your life miserable!

The "charges" were dropped automatically after 9 months and had nothing to do with your grievance.

ORLY!?!

Master Loader
I myself have gone almost a whole year without a missload. Last time I had one was a few weeks ago, and that was an add/cut not pulled, for obvious reasons I wont explain.

One, check twice.. Check the ink stamp twice, once its in your hand and again while entering the car. Two, make sure your in the right car and placing the right package on the right shelf or floor space. Three, learn to write and walk at the same time. Four, learn the area you are in.. this is simple, memorize what your cars look like on the inside. Is it dark inside? Or is it lighted well. Is there a grate to walk over first and / or is there a step up into a car. Recall car lengths and load styles within. Had a preloader put two missloads in my car a few months ago, I recalled the area within and found both without even trying.

Its too hard to missload really. But you cant really be fired for them. They will claim its " missloads " but falls under production article 36. All hubs try their tricks around missloads. Either it be prizes each week or month without them, to getting writ up for just having one. Just recall that you are human and we do make mistakes. Just try to take some of my examples or suggestions to hand. You will be a master in no time.