pre-seniority driver

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I got paid straight time for hours worked as a pre seniority guy.

YOU ARE MISSING THE POINT!!!!!!!!!

You get paid for both Thanksgiving and the day after as holiday pay. You then get paid straight time for all hours worked on the day after. Zagsfan is a new casual who has yet to get his seniority---does he get 4 or 8 hours holiday pay for each of the two holidays next week?

wayfair

swollen member
YOU ARE MISSING THE POINT!!!!!!!!!

You get paid for both Thanksgiving and the day after as holiday pay. You then get paid straight time for all hours worked on the day after. Zagsfan is a new casual who has yet to get his seniority---does he get 4 or 8 hours holiday pay for each of the two holidays next week?

If they force you to work, it's double time. If you elected to work it's time and a half.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

If they force you to work, it's double time. If you elected to work it's time and a half.

YOU ARE ALSO MISSING THE POINT!!!!

I don't care about the payrate on the day after Thanksgiving (it is straight time where I work). The OP's question is since he has yet to make book does he get paid for the holidays and, if so, does he get his drivers rate (8 hours) or the inside rate (4 hours).

UnconTROLLed

perfection
If you are a full-time , non-seasonal/temp driver and have a new seniority date (post-dated to your 1st in 30 days), you will get 8 hours pay each day. At least for this region.

superballs63

Well-Known Troll
Troll
If he's a temp, he gets paid holidays as 4 hours, because his technical classification is that of whatever his inside position is.

It would be the same when he would call out, he would be paid for 4 hours, not 8.

Johney

Here in our supplement it says,"Employees who are serving their probationary period are NOT entitled to holiday pay for holidays falling within the probationary period"
Article 60 section 3 Southern Region.

Re-Raise

Is that in addition to the holiday pay or is it 8 hours for the holiday and straight time for hours worked?

At my center the double time for hours worked is in addition to the 8 hours of pay we get for the holiday. I am number 5 on the seniority list in our center and I work it every year. A very easy 500 bucks.