pre-seniority driver

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by uber, Nov 17, 2012.

1. uber

uber Guest

Does a pre-seniority driver get Thanksgiving and the day after paid?

2. UpstateNYUPSer

UpstateNYUPSer Very proud grandfather.

Good question---I would think that you would get paid but am unsure whether you would get 4 or 8 hours per day.

3. Indecisi0n

Indecisi0n Well-Known Member

If your a casual (temp-non senority) your working the day after.

4. UpstateNYUPSer

There is no doubt that he will be working---the question was would he get paid for the holidays. He came from the inside and has not made book yet---does he get paid for 4 or 8 hours per day?

5. Indecisi0n

Indecisi0n Well-Known Member

I got paid straight time for hours worked as a pre seniority guy.

6. UpstateNYUPSer

YOU ARE MISSING THE POINT!!!!!!!!!

You get paid for both Thanksgiving and the day after as holiday pay. You then get paid straight time for all hours worked on the day after. Zagsfan is a new casual who has yet to get his seniority---does he get 4 or 8 hours holiday pay for each of the two holidays next week?

7. Dr.Brown

Dr.Brown Swollen Member

If they force you to work, it's double time. If you elected to work it's time and a half.

8. UpstateNYUPSer

YOU ARE ALSO MISSING THE POINT!!!!

I don't care about the payrate on the day after Thanksgiving (it is straight time where I work). The OP's question is since he has yet to make book does he get paid for the holidays and, if so, does he get his drivers rate (8 hours) or the inside rate (4 hours).

9. Dr.Brown

Dr.Brown Swollen Member

damn, calm down, he'll get whatever he has seniority in.... 4 hours per day

10. Dracula

Dracula Package Car is cake compared to this...

He won't get his turkey, but his pay rate is the same. And his stops will be up.

11. Sleeve_meet_Heart

Sleeve_meet_Heart making the unreadable unreadabler

If you are a full-time , non-seasonal/temp driver and have a new seniority date (post-dated to your 1st in 30 days), you will get 8 hours pay each day. At least for this region.

12. packageguy

packageguy Well-Known Member

sorry, but what is pre-seniority driver, lol

13. superballs63

superballs63 Well-Known Troll Troll

If he's a temp, he gets paid holidays as 4 hours, because his technical classification is that of whatever his inside position is.

It would be the same when he would call out, he would be paid for 4 hours, not 8.

14. UpstateNYUPSer

Thank you.

15. UpstateNYUPSer

I would if people would take a few seconds to read the thread before answering.

16. barnyard

barnyard KTM rider Staff Member

There did appear to be several people answering what the OP never asked.

17. Johney

Johney Raise your hand if you think Upstate is a D-Bag

Here in our supplement it says,"Employees who are serving their probationary period are NOT entitled to holiday pay for holidays falling within the probationary period"
    Article 60 section 3 Southern Region.

18. upsman68

upsman68 Active Member

We get paid double time if we are forced or we volunteer to work.

19. UpstateNYUPSer

Is that in addition to the holiday pay or is it 8 hours for the holiday and straight time for hours worked?

20. Re-Raise

Re-Raise Well-Known Member

At my center the double time for hours worked is in addition to the 8 hours of pay we get for the holiday. I am number 5 on the seniority list in our center and I work it every year. A very easy 500 bucks.