pre-seniority driver

upsman68

Yes double time hours work and 8 hours straight time holiday pay. If you want you can request an 8 hour day. I just work six. It's pretty easy work also

Johney

I deliver about 25 air packages and work about 7 hours at $63 an hour. I will hang out with the family Thursday, and the weekend.
Yea, but it screws up the 4 day weekend. I use to be like you and do the same thing. Then I found that between getting taxed to death and screwing up a 4 day weekend I finally said forget and haven't worked black friday in at least 5 years or more.

Re-Raise

Yea, but it screws up the 4 day weekend. I use to be like you and do the same thing. Then I found that between getting taxed to death and screwing up a 4 day weekend I finally said forget and haven't worked black friday in at least 5 years or more.

No problem. I delivered 450 pkgs yesterday, 270 at one bulk stop. I ll take the 25 packages next Friday. I get 7 weeks vacation and 3 other personal days, I have a lot of long weekends.

Indecisi0n

Some put money ahead of friends and family but I do not. I don't care if I was making x3 pay that day it's still not worth it in my opinion.

Re-Raise

Some put money ahead of friends and family but I do not. I don't care if I was making x3 pay that day it's still not worth it in my opinion.

So are you saying I am somehow putting money ahead of my family by going to work? What days do you feel are okay to leave your family?

upsman68

Well I like to take off also but with my wife laid off it helps out with Christmas presents for the kids this year. To each his own I have enough seniority to have the option if I want.

Re-Raise

We don't travel anywhere for Thanksgiving because ny wife's family, and my family, all get together here.

I sure don't need the money, and part of the reason I don't need the money is because I am smart enough to see that $500 to deliver 25 packages is too good to pass up.

And don't ever question my commitment to my family Indecision. My college age daughter works on campus for minimum wage. She will graduate debt free because my wife and I make enough to pay all of her expenses. How can I expect her to have a good work ethic if I can't deliver for $63 an hour?

Indecisi0n

So are you saying I am somehow putting money ahead of my family by going to work? What days do you feel are okay to leave your family?

I just don't understand your reasoning. You say you don't need the money but then talk about how much your going to make. I look at it this way, I'm getting paid for the day so I would rather rest my body and spend that time seein my family. Maybe your family situation is different than mine I'm just giving my opinion.

YOU ARE MISSING THE POINT!!!!!!!!!You get paid for both Thanksgiving and the day after as holiday pay. You then get paid straight time for all hours worked on the day after. Zagsfan is a new casual who has yet to get his seniority---does he get 4 or 8 hours holiday pay for each of the two holidays next week?
Relax dude. Don't take your pent up frustrations out on this guy he's my boy.

Re-Raise

I just don't understand your reasoning. You say you don't need the money but then talk about how much your going to make. I look at it this way, I'm getting paid for the day so I would rather rest my body and spend that time seein my family. Maybe your family situation is different than mine I'm just giving my opinion.

Why would I only work when I needed the money? I am not trying to get by, I am trying to get farther ahead. What unusual family bonding do you have planned for the Friday after Thanksgiving that you can't do any other day?

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Why would I only work when I needed the money? I am not trying to get by, I am trying to get farther ahead. What unusual family bonding do you have planned for the Friday after Thanksgiving that you can't do any other day?

I am on vacation this week so the option to work is not there but I would always work this day when the kids were still at home. They would normally just be getting up and going by the time I got home from work. Easy money.

Nickfury7

I made my part seniority as a air driver. Oct 24th was one year of making my pt seniority. But I been working as a casual/utility driver since June 1st, and still working. I signed up to work black Friday, but it looks like there going to have enough drivers to work that day. So do I get paid for thurs and Friday? Or I don't get paid for holidays yet???