Precisely when are NDAs considered late?

BrownArmy

It's not 10:30:59, more like 10:30:45, to be safe I always make these scans at 10:29...

There are several heavy business routes I cover where I might get to the last dock at 10:27, with 50-100 NDA along with 50+ ground.

I make sure I know how many pkgs total, and then start scanning. I might not finish scanning until 10:37, doesn't show up late.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
All of the answers are correct. You could scan it on property, big arrow down, and wait til 11:30 pm to get in the gate, if you were dumb enough. And it would not be late. You have to be on property tho.

wayfair

swollen member
Same stop so after the airs it is a dup. They freak out in my parts if you make it two stops.

Let them freak out, I'm getting credit for the stop.

I have a few air stops that normally get some ground as well but are loaded in sections 5,6 or flr3. Somedays I can't get to ground stuff so naturally I'll have to come back.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Come backs are different as there are not a dup stop. We were told, "if the wheels move, it's not a dup stop". I was talking about the same stop, just signing twice.

The Driver

I drive.
Something wrong with your explanation.

First, when you scan a NDA, you have to big arrow down to continue to scan other packages. You said you scanned at 10:27 and then proceeded to scan all the ground pkgs but didnt big arrow DOWN until 10:34.

Thats impossible.

If you had big arrowed down after all the NDA, it would matter not if you big arrowed UP during the stop and the NDA would not appear late.

On the other hand, if you didnt big arrow DOWN before 10:30, then ALL the air will show up as late.

As long as the big arrow DOWN is hit after 10:30 regardless of your arrival time, the AIR will show as late.

TOS.

That's right, I hit big arrow down after the first NDA.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
That's so crazy...here, if I drop an air at xxx and then come back to xxx two hours later for the ground, it's a second stop.
And telematics will tell on you. That is an extra stop. When it is for air only. You cant dump the air, get a sig, dump the ground and get a sig. If you do its duplicate commercial. Get credit for the pieces not an extra stop. You get paid by the hour, why would you do it any other way.

BrownArmy

And telematics will tell on you. That is an extra stop. When it is for air only. You cant dump the air, get a sig, dump the ground and get a sig. If you do its duplicate commercial. Get credit for the pieces not an extra stop. You get paid by the hour, why would you do it any other way.

No, I'm saying I deliver the NDA at 9:59...

Four hours later I deliver the other seven pieces...

Not a dup-stop.

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
its not a dup stop...
If you scan the airs, get a signature and then scan the ground and get a signature again, the ground is a duplicate stop.

If you sheet it as 2 stops, you can be terminated for padding stops.

If you deliver airs and then come back later for the ground, it is not a duplicate stop.

Some centers tell you this is a duplicate stop because it was the same stop as the airs were earlier.

Me, I'm taking credit for another stop unless specifically told to dup the stop.

Different centers have different rules. Do it the way your center wants it done, whether you feel it is right or wrong, or you will open yourself up to discipline.

BrownArmy

If you scan the airs, get a signature and then scan the ground and get a signature again, the ground is a duplicate stop.

If you sheet it as 2 stops, you can be terminated for padding stops.

If you deliver airs and then come back later for the ground, it is not a duplicate stop.

Some centers tell you this is a duplicate stop because it was the same stop as the airs were earlier.

Me, I'm taking credit for another stop unless specifically told to dup the stop.

Different centers have different rules. Do it the way your center wants it done, whether you feel it is right or wrong, or you will open yourself up to discipline.

Go back and read the thread, you're agreeing with everything that's already been said.

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
Go back and read the thread, you're agreeing with everything that's already been said.
Really?

Maybe you should go back and read the thread.

Dr. Brown said:
its not a dup stop...

Dr. Brown said:
Question, why would you dup stop it?
That doesn't give you credit for the ground delivery.

Dr. Brown said:
Let them freak out, I'm getting credit for the stop.

I have a few air stops that normally get some ground as well but are loaded in sections 5,6 or flr3. Somedays I can't get to ground stuff so naturally I'll have to come back.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
No, I'm saying I deliver the NDA at 9:59...

Four hours later I deliver the other seven pieces...

Not a dup-stop.
It is different everywhere. If we deliver air only and we go back 4 hours later it IS a separate stop. If we do both while we are there with air, it is one stop, even if you sheet air get sig , ground get sig. Unless it is another office where you are and get a different sig. Getting 2 sigs same person, same stop, same time, is treading on thin ice.

moldsporh

I hope I didn't miss a post but here's my take on this.

You have to scan the actual air package prior to the commit time and this includes pressing big arrow down, that's the time stamp, you can stop complete after 10:30.

You can't scan the air package before 10:31, then drive to the stop, then hit big arrow down to open the package screen after 10:30 or it will be late, address screen doesn't count, not a time stamp.

If you scan a business prior to 12:00 then sheet as NI1 or closed at or after 12:00, then it's missed, based on stop complete time, not scanned time.

If you scan a business before 13:00 then wait until the customer doesn't show, then stop complete at 13:01 then it's missed based on the time stamp prior to 13:00.....crazy huh.

AKCoverMan

Yeah the time stamp on pups is at the end of the stop as well apparently...

You can open a letter box before posted pickup time, scan the letters in then wait for clock on DIAD to flip over that last minute to the posted pickup time hit stop complete and be good. Hit stop complete before the clock strikes the pickup time and it counts as PU Too Early.