predictions for the next contract?

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
The issue with healthcare will be how much more we pay than the $0 we pay now.
Healthcare costs have risen higher than inflation and our annual raises.
UPS won't cover that rise because they want to help us. They took a hard stand with their own management personnel.

I do agree with you that I forgot technology. That will DEFINITELY be a hot button issue.
Are you kidding me?

Teamcare has millions in the bank we better not pay squat for our insurance and it won't be covered in the contract anyway.

Our insurance is now defined contribution not defined benefit

Dr.Brownz

It's because our numbers look the same whether you're fresh out of qualifying or doing it for 30 years. Business Manager's may have a different view, but on my end, it all looks exactly the same.
Yeah seems like having the front line people not knowing operating costs is a really efficient way to run things!

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
Are you kidding me?

Teamcare has millions in the bank we better not pay squat for our insurance and it won't be covered in the contract anyway.

Our insurance is now defined contribution not defined benefit
I'm not in Central States so I'm not familiar with how they do it there.
Thanks

ManInBrown

It's because our numbers look the same whether you're fresh out of qualifying or doing it for 30 years. Business Manager's may have a different view, but on my end, it all looks exactly the same.
How about this one. Driver A needs someone to bring his pickup pieces in. B is at full rate. C is in progression. Both in the same loop as A. Both getting done at the same time. Both about the same distance away from A. DO you make a conscious decision to send the driver in progression to get the pieces, or do you not care?

Dr.Brownz

How about this one. Driver A needs someone to bring his pickup pieces in. B is at full rate. C is in progression. Both in the same loop as A. Both getting done at the same time. Both about the same distance away from A. DO you make a conscious decision to send the driver in progression to get the pieces, or do you not care?

I'd say the lower seniority guy does it unless the higher seniority guy wants the hours. They are supposed to offer extra work to the highest seniority first.

It's funny here they try to pretend they aren't going to send someone to get your pickups and then right before whatever time I told them I was going to break someone calls to get them or a supervisor shows up in their personal vehicle (lol losers, they learn not to do that after the first time, usually)

rpoz11

It's my hope that we can get better 9.5 language. Specifically, being eligible to file regardless of whether you run the same route 5 days a week or not. Floaters have no protection and that has to change.

Agreed.

However there needs to be language supporting and protecting any driver who works an 8 hour minimum worked day , 5 days in any worked week.
Rights to affected employee, without discrimination.
An 8 hour day needs to be recognized as a full-time worked day. ( cover drivers )
9.5 right to execute; Not exclusive to FT drivers.
Cover, Utility, Route drivers.
And I also agree that it can be different routes everyday that qualify.

Last edited:

rpoz11

A request for an 8 hour day should be a right for cover drivers.
Again, 8 hours worked in a day, driving, a minimum 40 hours in a week should execute the right to an 8 hour worked day ( driving ) request.

rod

Retired 22 years
allowing retirees to work peak would be fun........

That's already been tried. Around here for awhile they were begging anyone retired less than 5 years to work peak at top scale. They even promised you would work in your old familiar area. They couldn't get one taker. Go back to work at UPS after being retired? I don't think so.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

The issue with healthcare will be how much more we pay than the $0 we pay now.
Healthcare costs have risen higher than inflation and our annual raises.
UPS won't cover that rise because they want to help us. They took a hard stand with their own management personnel.

I do agree with you that I forgot technology. That will DEFINITELY be a hot button issue.

Again, this has nothing to do with the company, which will continue to contribute to our H&W funds per the contract. It will be up to the union whether we start paying toward our healthcare.

gman042

Been around the block a few times
That's already been tried. Around here for awhile they were begging anyone retired less than 5 years to work peak at top scale. They even promised you would work in your old familiar area. They couldn't get one taker. Go back to work at UPS after being retired? I don't think so.

We had one come back last peak.....
He could only work so many hours a week or it would affect his pension