PREDICTIONS....lets go on the record!

diesel96

Might you be confusing bl:surprised:wback with another similar word that Bill is familiar with? :laughing:

I think that was Monica Lewinsky's blowback.:funny:

You guys are right, I shouldn't have used Bill Clinton and blowback in the same sentence....:surprised:...Hope Linda Tripp isn't working for FISA operatives....lol

I'm not sure how famous I am for it?:happy-very:

Yes I believe Clinton set the wheels in motion for the sub prime loans mess when he loosened up regulation and guidelines for it. This was one of those do good programs that was difficult to stop once the wheels got rolling on it.
Bush II and a majority Rep congress had every opportunity to apply dual spring drum ABS brakes if needed. I believe your theory is full of hot air, they could have simply pull the red and yellow brake tabs to stop those wheels moving.....(inside attempt at Feeder humor)

I can also tell you that Clinton had a nice eight years economically But Bush one handed him an economy that was growing and clinton handed bush two an economy that was in a mild recession.
He was also handed a balanced budget, a strong dollar, and no WARS.

I also believe Clinton weakened the military and intelligence agencies resulting in the event called 9/11.
Clinton cut wasteful spending militarily but still handed Bush the ability to "Shock and Awe" the enemy and the world with high tech pinpoint weapontry. As far as 9/11, our presence in the Middle East soil and our overwhelming favortism toward Israel and turning a blind eye to their every whim, movement, and occupancy of the West Bank resulted in a 9/11 attack. Not because of Clinton who dealt with a reluctant Rep congress who's also at fault for balking at capturing/killing Bin Laden.

So yes you can make a terrific argument that Bushs spending has been out of control. You can also make a terrific argument that he was handed some crappy conditions that caused some of his problems.

At the same time I believe the next president will have great economic conditions if he has the sense to not screw things up. I think the real estate market has bottomed and will be bouncing back up. Real estate and the building of new real estate drives the economy in so many ways.
Putting people back to work whether it be construction, transportation, auto, new green tech (wind, solar,nuclear,hydro,coal) etc.. and rebuild our middle class with good quality paying jobs who will eventually have spending capabilities will drive this economy most effectively and provide and avenue for more Capitalist ventures and returns. From the bottum up, not top to bottum. We've tried the trickle down way for years, and look where it got us, now, it's time for CHANGE. Aren't you getting tired of debating the same ole same ole....:whiteflag:

I predict the S&P 500 will go up to $1050 after the election then back down to $800-$850 within 6 months. It will see $1100 at the end of obama's term in hope's of some real growth in 2013.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
Here's an electoral vote calculator to keep you amused:
click

I've been playing around with it using the latest state by state polling data from RCP, trying to figure out a believable way that McCain can pull it off.

paidslave

I predict the S&P 500 will go up to $1050 after the election then back down to $800-$850 within 6 months. It will see $1100 at the end of obama's term in hope's of some real growth in 2013.

Dow will hit 10000 by year's end and hover there next year....We are in a pickle here. If the economy stablizes and shows some growth expect gas prices to go up and shut it down......I say increase oil reserves and have the price stabilize all next year and we will pull out of this recession!

Have a price cap for one year at 65$ a barrel! The oil is in the ground.....quit the games! And as you know we own lots of IRAQI oil lets start pumping it!

The loan is due!

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Dow will hit 10000 by year's end and hover there next year....We are in a pickle here. If the economy stablizes and shows some growth expect gas prices to go up and shut it down......I say increase oil reserves and have the price stabilize all next year and we will pull out of this recession!

Have a price cap for one year at 65$ a barrel! The oil is in the ground.....quit the games! And as you know we own lots of IRAQI oil lets start pumping it!

The loan is due!

Excess national debt will result in increased Inflation Rate.
Let the inflation go up to 7% and the national debt will be halved in 5 years

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
If all the crackheads in tooners area vote,Obama`s a shoe in.
The ones who I see take pride in their homes and communities, who decided to vote Obama, I congratulate them for caring enough to be interested. I COMMEND ANYONE WHO TAKES THE TIME TO BE INVOLVED. But if RACE is the one and only reason then yes, in this tiny city in Ohio I would guess its 70/30 for Obama. `But when you get away from the city, its not that way.
I think Mccain takes Ohio, and Pa, and VA, and w va.
We will see.