preferred position

browntroll

basically its that time of the year, work gets light and i get bumped out by managements pet
guy with 15yrs part time seniority from my pickoff belt. i dont mind but now im going to unload for a few months and was wondering how can i get spa position? everytime i go to unload the sups give me the run around and bs me.today i had to unload for a guy with only 1 year in . i told sup but he told me to "help him out" or work as directed in my ears.
are spa positions preferred or seniority based? i saw alot of ppl there with less seniority than me in spa positions also guys that transferred from other hubs. they even had a full timer unloading, which i asked why he was unloading and he said "ups politics and their pet rats".

OPTION3

I know the type....suck until they fire you for some BS....then be the first one in line asking for UNION assistance

Last edited by a moderator:

cheryl

I started this.
Staff member
I know the type....suck until they fire you for some BS....then be the first one in line asking for UNION assistance
How to get your post edited or deleted by a moderator: http://www.browncafe.com/community/help/terms#tldr

THWART LANGUAGE FILTERS.
Using spaces between letters, strange characters or misspellings to get around the language filters to post filtered words is annoying. Your vocabulary is bigger than that. Curse words are not okay. We know you know what that means.

browntroll

Make it where the Unload does NOT want you!!
i already made it to where the preload doesnt want me. unload sups i get along with but they never seem to want me to spa.
i have gone through this same scenario 3 years in a row and every time a different sup tells me they need approval from a full time
sup and manager before they can let me spa, or next time but they have too many spa ppl right now. i had one a-hole tell me
he needs me to be able to handle 2 ppl unload at all times. which is why im wondering if its preferred position or can i bump someone?

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
Damn, I thought this thread was about sex....
We all know the preferred position at ups is all of us face down and ups on top. To the OP...I know what you mean. I spent half of last peak on TAW in small sort.....there are guys almost half my age who've worked here less than a year working in small sort....and complaining about how busy and difficult it is...:rofl:

Option3 is correct, make them not want you there. Unload as safely as possible...."Sorry, I'm working as fast as I safely can." You've been there 15 years....you know the drill. Once volume picks up....they'll move you back.

PT Stewie

"Big Fella"
File .....Article 22-4 see what happens....
Part-time employees with six (6) months or more seniority shallhave the right to place their name on the list of employees waitingto be moved to a preferred job within their building. Such preferredjobs shall include, but not be limited to: Preload, Sorter, Clerical,Irregular Train, Designated Responder, Carwasher, Loader andUnloader. Employees do not have the right to select any specificunit, load or workstation unless a prior past practice has been estab-lished.

browntroll

you guys might not have understand my first post which is my fault since my english sucks. i have 5 years, the guy that bumps me from pick off has 15 years.
i get different stories from everyone at my hub about this. guys tell me its not up for bid, while others tell me that im supposed to be able to bump out guys with
less unload seniority only and some tell me that it depends on hub seniority. i had one guy tell me today i only loose hub/position seniority if i requested to go to unload but keep it if im moved by sups. so i have 5 years and im unloading for guys with 1 year or less seniority. i understand if i go slow enough they will put me somewhere else
but im assuming the guys that are spaing play the game better than i do.