Pregnacy in Rape is God's Intent!

tourists24

What he said was, "... that when a woman becomes pregnant during rape "it is something that God intended."

Poor judgment but not what this thread positioned.

Just another way of lying by twisting people's words albeit a clever twist.
and obvious politically motivated.... just imagine asking the question "Are you ok with murdering babies?". spin?

Catatonic

Nine Lives
What he said was:
"even when life begins in that horrible situation of rape, that is something that God intended to happen."
It's a little tough to say that god intended the woman to get pregnant but he didn't intend for her to get raped when in fact the only reason she got pregnant was because she was raped.

Let me xplain dis to ya.

While I do not believe God is involved in everything that happens on Earth and to each individual person, but if this is a part of one's religious belief, as it is with this guy, then the following is what he meant:

He is saying that if a child is conceived in a rape situation, it is because that conception is the will of God.
The rape is an act of man but the conception is an act of God.
A person has the right to act in conjunction with God's will but it is not required.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
Let me xplain dis to ya.

While I do not believe God is involved in everything that happens on Earth and to each individual person, but if this is a part of one's religious belief, as it is with this guy, then the following is what he meant:

He is saying that if a child is conceived in a rape situation, it is because that conception is the will of God.
The rape is an act of man but the conception is an act of God.
A person has the right to act in conjunction with God's will but it is not required.

So in other words god was in the background going "Whoah dude! I wanted you to get her pregnant but I didn't want you to actually rape her..."

The problem is that when you believe there is a supernatural being who runs everything you often wind up making these hairsplitting rationalizations to explain how he's only actually responsible for the good things that happen. The reality is that god has nothing to do with any of it, rape is a horrible crime committed by a man against a woman and it should be entirely her decision how to deal with the pregnancy.

over9five

Staff member
It's a little tough to say that god intended the woman to get pregnant but he didn't intend for her to get raped when in fact the only reason she got pregnant was because she was raped.
Not necessarily. Perhaps there was an immaculate conception that wasn't related to the rapist...

Where there's a will, there's a way with religion!

Catatonic

Nine Lives
The problem is that when you believe there is a supernatural being who runs everything you often wind up making these hairsplitting rationalizations to explain how he's only actually responsible for the good things that happen. The reality is that god has nothing to do with any of it, rape is a horrible crime committed by a man against a woman and it should be entirely her decision how to deal with the pregnancy.

This is pretty much how I see it too.

I was simply offering you insight into the fundamentalist Christian thought process.

It seems to be an area outside of your understanding.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
This is pretty much how I see it too.

I was simply offering you insight into the fundamentalist Christian thought process.

It seems to be an area outside of your understanding.

Just stop, that was weak.
I was raised a christian like most people in the US, I understand perfectly well how fundamentalists think.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Just stop, that was weak.
I was raised a christian like most people in the US, I understand perfectly well how fundamentalists think.

I will take you at your word.

I only had your behavior (posts) to go by and those seemed to indicate you did not understand.

bbsam

Staff member
Perhaps God had a hand in Herod's Slaughter of the Innocents as well and thus is fine with abortion.