Pregnant and sorting!

Hello everyone!

I'm new to this website and I love it so far! I have been working at UPS for 5 fun years.. God.

Anyways, I was wondering if you or anyone you know has worked while pregnant? I'm 16 weeks and just told everyone at work. I found out that I will have to stay in my area, the sort isle, until my 20th week. Then I'm free to go on paid disability. I have spoken with my doctor and as of right now I can probably stay longer than 20weeks. I'm thinking about staying until about 28 or so.

I guess my big question is if you or anyone else has had a baby after they busted their booty at UPS? Did the baby turn out ok and healthy? I freak out because of all the super heavy lifting, twisting, pulling, moving and stress! This totally defies everything I have ever believed about women and pregnancy. I need some reassuring that this baby will be ok if I continue working a little bit longer. We totally need the money right now!

Thanks sooooo much!

~b

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
I found out that I will have to stay in my area, the sort isle, until my 20th week. Then I'm free to go on paid disability. I have spoken with my doctor and as of right now I can probably stay longer than 20weeks.

You need to check with your insurance provider.... Immediately.... and start the paper work.

*Most* plans don't start paying short term disability, until you are less than 12 weeks due.

A lot of times.... after finding out what you do.... Doctors will put women on restrictions, as a safety precaution....

But, depending on your plan.... you still can't collect any disability payments, outside of what is described in the summary plan description.

-Bug-

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Women should not start a strenuous exercise routine after getting pregnant but most dr encourage u to stay active and keep doing what you have been doing until pretty late in the game.

old levi's

blank space
Follow your doctors orders closely, but do not put yourself at risk! Ask for help when you think you need it / Doesn't have to be an "official" overweight. Take care and keep in touch.

brownedout

Seriously, take any concern to your ob/gyn they will be able to give you the best answer as to how far along you should stop working. Tell/demonstrate to them exactly what you do at work, and how long your shift is. Make sure to keep your hands and fingers away from your face while at work, don't want to catch a cold at this point. Does your shift run a smalls sort? Might not be a bad idea to get placed there if it does. Best of luck to you, take care of yourself and that "little one"

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
I worked with a 95 pd woman (and that was wet), driver, and she worked til she was 8 1/2 mths . Doctors generally say, if it is something you are used to, other than the baby getting in your way, you are good. You wouldnt want to start the job pregnant but you are already conditioned to it. But as others have said, only your doc can make that call. In most worlds men and women fellow workers would of course look out for you, but in todays world you must look out for yourself. Good Luck and lots of happiness.

top dollar

I work with a girl that has 5 kids. 3 while she has worked at UPS as a driver. She is not a big girl in weight but she is tall she did just fine worked until the babies were ready to come, but they were big babies not sure why but she says it's because of the work. But all her babies were and are very healthy. Just follow what the doc says and what your body says. Congrats to you as well.

rod

Retired 22 years
Hello everyone!

I'm new to this website and I love it so far! I have been working at UPS for 5 fun years.. God.

Anyways, I was wondering if you or anyone you know has worked while pregnant? I'm 16 weeks and just told everyone at work. I found out that I will have to stay in my area, the sort isle, until my 20th week. Then I'm free to go on paid disability. I have spoken with my doctor and as of right now I can probably stay longer than 20weeks. I'm thinking about staying until about 28 or so.

I guess my big question is if you or anyone else has had a baby after they busted their booty at UPS? Did the baby turn out ok and healthy? I freak out because of all the super heavy lifting, twisting, pulling, moving and stress! This totally defies everything I have ever believed about women and pregnancy. I need some reassuring that this baby will be ok if I continue working a little bit longer. We totally need the money right now!

Thanks sooooo much!

~b

Being pregnant is a paid disability? Who would have thunk.

Covemastah

Hoopah drives the boat Chief !!
Ask to be put on a clerk job ,it is probaly safer than sorting thousands of bundles a day!! Good luck with the little one !!

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
Being pregnant is a paid disability? Who would have thunk.
Yes it is.
I was amazed also. I asked my boss a long time ago, he said, its considered an accident. While usually not the case it was funny to get a male perspective.