Preload 5 trucks

vikings19

One of the trucks is a buisniess route that averages over 350 a day and when I have all trucks I average about 1300 pieces. With the 4 trucks i average about 1000 a day and every truck gets bulk so I run out of space very quickly and it makes things 10 times harder when you have no where to put bulk

ORLY!?!

Master Loader
Tell to me about bulk cars. Last year they gave me three bulk cars, two disney and one outside of disney. All have hotels, anywhere from 8 to 12 at a time with have conventions year round. Anywhere from 1000 to 1200 a day during the heat sucks. One day I ended up getting 1400+ between three cars.

On top of that, I have to ( have been taught by the BM! ) stack out bulk amounst large metal grates. This could end up anywhere between 50 on up to 150+ everyday. So I have to touch it once, then load it at the end of the day. Plus 50 - 100+ add/cut for one bulk stop where I had to pull it out of a cage, set it down and pick back up later to place in return cage. Talk about another 100-200+ extra touches a night.

Are you loading on a boxline or a belt? Because they preach the methods, that being you need to meet your cage or first car on the belt to prevent missloads or to sort the cage or belt. With four cars you cant do that, and no way your doing that with 5. Claim you cant meet your cage / belt at the front car, thus goes against their teachings.

What time are you starting? If they arnt giving you near 5 hours a day then your are getting cheated and / or screwed. Talk to a shop steward about it. You should work hard every day, and so should everyone else. Yet, what upsets me is I know for a fact theres a ton of people around me, you and elsewhere that don't have it nearly as hard, and that isnt fair or equal. Also, try to talk to your center manager and pled your case. If they have a heart they will work with you.

klolx

Yeah I'm in the same boat. I've been working at UPS as a preloader for two1/2 months now and since the first day they gave me 5 truck(4 trucks for one day a week) that average out about 1,250 boxes a day(940 one the 4 truck day, the truck is all businesses) I've had about TWO MISLOADS A DAY and fear for my job. I tried explaining that its too hard for me but they said I have the least seniority and cannot get the easier drops cause the others have been there longer. Also on the 4 truck days I've never had a misload.

5 trucks with 2 misloads? If I had 5 trucks for a day, I'd probably get 6 misloads LOL

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
Yeah I'm in the same boat. I've been working at UPS as a preloader for two1/2 months now and since the first day they gave me 5 truck(4 trucks for one day a week) that average out about 1,250 boxes a day(940 one the 4 truck day, the truck is all businesses) I've had about TWO MISLOADS A DAY and fear for my job. I tried explaining that its too hard for me but they said I have the least seniority and cannot get the easier drops cause the others have been there longer. Also on the 4 truck days I've never had a misload.
My preloader, yesterday alone, had a misload on my truck and 3 that were supposed to be on my truck misloaded to another. He loads 3 trucks. Not good odds.