Preload as a full time driver

Rack em

Made the Podium
So if I work preload as a full time driver and also deliver a route that day, I am supposed to get paid my inside rate for the entire day correct? I just looked at my time card online and I was put in as unskilled preload and last time that happened I got paid my old preload rate

Turdferguson

Just a turd
So if I work preload as a full time driver and also deliver a route that day, I am supposed to get paid my inside rate for the entire day correct? I just looked at my time card online and I was put in as unskilled preload and last time that happened I got paid my old preload rate
Inside rate for preload, driver rate for delivery

Rack em

Made the Podium
On my pay stub it says my inside rate is $19.50. And last time I was paid my old inside preload rate of like $13.50

FilingBluesFL

If I was to be called in to work preload, I would imagine I'd be paid driver time from the time I punched in.

I don't even know how to work the time card computers, they added those after I left preload.

I would grab a DIAD, and punch that thing in.

Rack em

Made the Podium
Yeah they called me at 2:45am. The preload sup told me I couldn't punch in with a diad or else my time card gets "messed up" so he has to put it in himself..

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
Yeah they called me at 2:45am. The preload sup told me I couldn't punch in with a diad or else my time card gets "messed up" so he has to put it in himself..
Timecards won't be messed up but the DIADs won't be ready for the day by that point. So you'd have to grab another one.

As for the rate, you should get your driver rate if they called you in

FilingBluesFL

I don't get called any earlier that the 10 hour "rest time." Usually around 5-6am or so they ask if I can come wander in, of course they always ask when I punched out to make sure I don't violate

Cementups

Box Monkey
You are to get paid the whole day at the higher paying job's pay.

Years ago when I was a top rate cover driver they would have me be a helper for 5 hours and then do late pickups on my own for about 3 hours. I drove a PC out to area and met up with route driver and left it while we went and did deliveries. He would drop me off back at my truck and off I would go. And at the end of the week I would be paid for my driver rate.

Cementups

Box Monkey
@Clock Sucker , I'd be more concerned with them having you do both Preload AND driving 8+ hours a day. That's not supposed to happen. Once you're a cover driver you should be working day time in the HUB when not being utilized as a driver.

I worked Preload for 2.5 years before I started driving. Drove regularly of rate first full year and then after we went on strike in '97 they cut me back to zero driving so I was sent back to Preload. Once volume starting picking back up they moved me to day sort so that way I could be pulled off in case they needed me. Nice benefit was that I wore my browns to work (at least my shorts) so I didn't get my own cloths dirty. I ruined a lot of clothes working Preload. Once you wear something into UPS it can never be worn in public again.

Cementups

Box Monkey
It's also a good way to run out of hours. But depending on when you get off and when you have to be in in the morning, you don't always have the proper amount of time off between shifts. DOT issue.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Your time card was correct------inside rate for the preload and driver rate while on road.