Preload days worked

mmass124

Hi all. I was recently hired as a preloader. i have only worked 1 official day and i am told to call every morning to see if i'm needed or not. when i was hired i was told i was permanent and not seasonal, so does this seem right? this is only my second week but i feel like i should have worked more than 1 day so far. is this normal until i have more time with the company? thanks!

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Hi all. I was recently hired as a preloader. i have only worked 1 official day and i am told to call every morning to see if i'm needed or not. when i was hired i was told i was permanent and not seasonal, so does this seem right? this is only my second week but i feel like i should have worked more than 1 day so far. is this normal until i have more time with the company? thanks!

It may be that the volume in your center does not justify you working every day. It will soon enough.

UnconTROLLed

perfection

Chances are you were lied to. Ask union if you are hired as seasonal or permanent, 99.9% chance you are only a temp to be dispensed after Dec 31. UPS likes to do this to hook people in for the holidays. (give false hope-promise of a perm position to keep people hungry)

If you expected a permanent position and were lied to, as happens quite often (I've seen it happen first hand), let your co-workers know (especially the other seasonals). Maybe you could all walk out together, right before Christmas. It'd be a sight to see anyway.