Preload Question for senior employees

Brian B.

Hello everyone,

I'm Brian. I'm not currently a UPS employee but I was wondering if I could gain some insight from you all. I used to work preload from about 2008-2013. 2 of those years were in a loader/unloader and about 3 as a PT supervisor. I left to move out of state and finish my degree. I got married and had a kid and now I'm studying for my CPA exam. I still have a few friends who have progressed nicely with the company going from PT to FT and even PT sup to driver.. and I have to admit, I've thought about coming back. I don't have any desire to ever go full time because I want to have freedom and time to build my own accounting firm. Currently, I pay nearly $750 a month for health insurance for myself and my family. For this reason, I'm thinking about coming back to preload long term for the health benefits, low hourly commitment and to stay in shape.

I wanted to hear from anyone who has been a PT employee for 10+ years. Do you have any regrets? If so, why? Also- I'm curious whether or not anyone has left the company and returned.. if so, was your previous seniority worth anything in regards to the PT pension plan?

Thank you all in advance for any input, it's much appreciated.