Preload question

HardknocksUPSer

If a sup is purposely sabotaging your work, get stu and confront the sup about whats going on.
Don't allow the sup to get away with purposely misloading your package cars.

I feel bad for you that you're stuck with such poor managers....
Wouldn't be so bad if they didn't try to screw us over so much, in the end their only hurting themselves, holding our jobs over our heads and ect.

HardknocksUPSer

His story sounds like he absolutely knew the sup misloaded his pc.

At least that's how I take it.
I knew exactly which package it was, I walked in and saw a little grey bag (lotto tickets) and knew from memory I didn't load that. The sup was pulling my crap for that truck and throwing the boxes in the floor, all except for two, and those two were put on the shelfs to frame me for misloads.

HardknocksUPSer

You claim you found said misloads and put them in the right trucks. How can they pin misloads on you tomorrow that were in the right trucks when they left the building?
They can't? Luckily I found them, just thought it was :censored2: of them to do that to me, and hoping they didn't try it in any of my other trucks.

watdaflock?

Probation=fire for any reason. If they really want you gone, you will be.
Unfortunately this is true.

Work hard and with out mistakes.

I'm staying optimistic and believing if you do a good job, even a silly union shop with their stupid seniority-rules mentality will find a way to keep you.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
I knew exactly which package it was, I walked in and saw a little grey bag (lotto tickets) and knew from memory I didn't load that. The sup was pulling my crap for that truck and throwing the boxes in the floor, all except for two, and those two were put on the shelfs to frame me for misloads.
Why are sups pulling your work for you....Are you getting back up? Frame you?? eh...possibly..but they don't need to. Give someone enough rope and they'll hang themselves eventually.

HardknocksUPSer

Unfortunately this is true.

Work hard and with out mistakes.

I'm staying optimistic and believing if you do a good job, even a silly union shop with their stupid seniority-rules mentality will find a way to keep you.
Hope so, it's not a bad gig, good benefits after a year, decent pay, works not too bad, pretty good for a person when you use it to supplement another job.

Box Ox

Correct....either way...he found the misloads in his truck....unless someone saw the sup load it...he can't prove he himself didn't do it.

Sups aren't even supposed to be touching packages. At my center, if a sup throws anything into or enters a package car with any package, the burden of proof shifts to management. It's an instant refuse to sign or sign under protest along with a written explanation of why the next day.

watdaflock?

Hope so, it's not a bad gig, good benefits after a year, decent pay, works not too bad, pretty good for a person when you use it to supplement another job.

You can't beat full-time benefits for part-time work.

imo

*prob' worthy of its own thread- many lawncare/farmer dudes work at my hub.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
Sups aren't even supposed to be touching packages. At my center, if a sup throws anything into or enters a package car with any package, the burden of proof shifts to management. It's an instant refuse to sign or sign under protest along with a written explanation of why the next day.
Agreed.....but the OP is a trainee....Sups can touch his assigned work under the guise of training.

HardknocksUPSer

Why are sups pulling your work for you....Are you getting back up? Frame you?? eh...possibly..but they don't need to. Give someone enough rope and they'll hang themselves eventually.
No, I'm the cleanest one on the belt, the sup was stacking alike packages on top of each other as they came by him, next thing I know I walk out of my farthest car and see the sup at the other farthest car (4 cars up) throw something into the shelf from the back of the PC so I then go load a box in there and that's when it all happened.

watdaflock?

No, I'm the cleanest one on the belt, the sup was stacking alike packages on top of each other as they came by him, next thing I know I walk out of my farthest car and see the sup at the other farthest car (4 cars up) throw something into the shelf from the back of the PC so I then go load a box in there and that's when it all happened.

Play it off for the time being. Ask the sup "are you giving me another misload or can I trust you?" add a chuckle at the end.

While the sup is "training you" I believe they can touch (your) packages on the belt but normally that in itself is a no-no.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
They can't? Luckily I found them, just thought it was :censored2: of them to do that to me, and hoping they didn't try it in any of my other trucks.
We had a real problem with sups throwing packages that came down late in the back of the truck.

I don't mind a few packages at the back of the car (outside the car) I understand that but I should be digging air out of my 6000 or 8000 sections.

Everyday I would put load quality unacceptable and in the comments say tell the sups to quit throwing packages in the back of the truck at the end of the day. It finally stopped.