Preload question

HardknocksUPSer

We had a real problem with sups throwing packages that came down late in the back of the truck.

I don't mind a few packages at the back of the car (outside the car) I understand that but I should be digging air out of my 6000 or 8000 sections.

Everyday I would put load quality unacceptable and in the comments say tell the sups to quit throwing packages in the back of the truck at the end of the day. It finally stopped.
I can amagine that, I see it happen often, the sups fuss at preloaders telling them to hurry and wrap off so they can get us off the clock, we load the trucks up and then can't get over all of the crap in the floor to get the next day air up to the front of the trucks, I generally keep a tote behind my trucks as the air comes down the belt I throw it in the tote behind each of the trucks.

J

jibbs

Makes absolutely no since, I feel I have a target on my back at times.

Learn that feeling. Get to know it. Become one with it, because that :censored2:'s never going to go away while you work the preload.

There will be times that you forget management can and likely will :censored2: you some time in the near future. If that happens, don't you worry, Hardknocks-- your awesome supe will be sure to remind you the second she sees you at work in high spirits.

HardknocksUPSer

Learn that feeling. Get to know it. Become one with it, because that :censored2:'s never going to go away while you work the preload.

There will be times that you forget management can and likely will :censored2: you some time in the near future. If that happens, don't you worry, Hardknocks-- your awesome supe will be sure to remind you the second she sees you at work in high spirits.
I try to be in high spirits everyday just to piss them off, they throw more work on me often looking for a negative reaction or so it seems lol

HardknocksUPSer

Does anyone write down all of the stunts, misloads, personal mistakes, management mistakes, reasons for mistakes and ect just to have it for when you may need it? Management does it so I try to do it just in case they try to :censored2: on me

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
If I'm not mistaken, management has the burden of proof.
He's a trainee....who is constantly a misload problem apparently, based on past posts.....and of course it's not possible that he misloaded those packages himself. No, management must have framed him....lmao. Waaaah.

HardknocksUPSer

He's a trainee....who is constantly a misload problem apparently, based on past posts.....and of course it's not possible that he misloaded those packages himself. No, management must have framed him....lmao. Waaaah.
Believe what you want, I have 1-2 misloads a week, 3 at max, I don't give a :censored2: I'll die knowing I didn't load those misloads the sup threw in my truck, oh well. What are they goina do about it.

F

FrigidAdCorrector

Believe what you want, I have 1-2 misloads a week, 3 at max,
Didn't you say last week you averaged 3-4 a week?
I said at max, meaning it happens very rarely, even some of our experienced preloaders that have been there 10 plus years have misloads, it's just part of the game.
Misloads do happen, but I'd be willing to bet those people who have been there 10 plus years also average 1 a month.

HardknocksUPSer

Didn't you say last week you averaged 3-4 a week?

Misloads do happen, but I'd be willing to bet those people who have been there 10 plus years also average 1 a month.
I haven't had in a week in almost a month, most I've had in a month is 3 in one week, they slowly go down as I continue the job, it just takes time, but when they have me loading on average 200 more peices a day then the rest of the loaders in the building things happen. And the experienced loaders I've seen typically 1-2 a month your right. However there is a couple of them that have just as many as I do.

J

jibbs

Shoot, there's people in my building that average 2-4 a day. 2-4 a week'd make you a star employee where I work.

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
Agreed.....but the OP is a trainee....Sups can touch his assigned work under the guise of training.
Yes they can. But if a sup is "training" him and loading the cars to help him keep up, then they cannot blame the PTer for any misloads.

No one can prove it was him or the sup that misloaded it.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
Yes they can. But if a sup is "training" him and loading the cars to help him keep up, then they cannot blame the PTer for any misloads.

No one can prove it was him or the sup that misloaded it.
They were found before the sort was over amd placed in the correct trucks...hence they were not even misloads!

joeboodog

good people drink good beer
I would tell the supe in a voice loud enough to be over heard but not shouting, "Gee, I appreciate your help but please get them in the right truck."

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
They were found before the sort was over amd placed in the correct trucks...hence they were not even misloads!
Yes they were. How many preloaders actually go through the trucks looking for misloads?

A sup can do an audit before the trucks leave, and if he finds a misload, it can and most likely will be counted against the preloader as a misload.

But in this case, with 2 people loading, unless marked with a crayon or grease pencil, no one can prove which one misloaded the package.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
Yes they were. How many preloaders actually go through the trucks looking for misloads?

A sup can do an audit before the trucks leave, and if he finds a misload, it can and most likely will be counted against the preloader as a misload.

But in this case, with 2 people loading, unless marked with a crayon or grease pencil, no one can prove which one misloaded the package.
Maybe for a trainee....but it doesn't work that way in my center. Or maybe it does and I don't pay attention becauae I don't care....sups don't touch my packages. If I get a misload, I made a mistake.