Preload question

J

jibbs

Maybe for a trainee....but it doesn't work that way in my center. Or maybe it does and I don't pay attention becauae I don't care....sups don't touch my packages. If I get a misload, I made a mistake.

Same here. I refuse any and all help from supervisors... most hourlies too, if I'm given a choice. If I'm gonna hear about a misload the next day, I want to be reasonably certain that I was the one responsible for it. I don't like catching :censored2: for other people's mistakes.

HardknocksUPSer

Went in this morning right behind the sup who loaded the two misloads on purpose, we both looked at the misload sheet I had 0 and he said "good job" meanwhile I was thinking I'm sure your amazed aren't you :D and to someone who asked, I use a large sharpie to mark the boxes, I have a weird mark I put on them nobody else has so assuming I mark every package (which I don't) then I could be proven to be the loader of a misload by "the mark" but I don't have time to write the HIN and mark every box.

ChrisTheBrown

Shoot, there's people in my building that average 2-4 a day. 2-4 a week'd make you a star employee where I work.
Kid in my center had 11, on last Friday alone. I've been in the unload for the most part, since going back on preload a few weeks ago..Which is a cake walk.

Sent using BrownCafe App

Kid in my center had 11, on last Friday alone. I've been in the unload for the most part, since going back on preload a few weeks ago..Which is a cake walk.

Sent using BrownCafe App
I always thought the unload was a lot easier then loading package cars. No accountability for a Dollar less an hour.

By The Book

Went in this morning right behind the sup who loaded the two misloads on purpose, we both looked at the misload sheet I had 0 and he said "good job" meanwhile I was thinking I'm sure your amazed aren't you :D and to someone who asked, I use a large sharpie to mark the boxes, I have a weird mark I put on them nobody else has so assuming I mark every package (which I don't) then I could be proven to be the loader of a misload by "the mark" but I don't have time to write the HIN and mark every box.
Sometimes a sup will intentionally load a misload in a package car. This is called salting. They are making sure the driver is going to notify them he has one., and is following the proper procedures for when they have one. This may be why your misload sheet said 0 and your sup said good job.

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
Maybe for a trainee....but it doesn't work that way in my center. Or maybe it does and I don't pay attention becauae I don't care....sups don't touch my packages. If I get a misload, I made a mistake.
Exactly. I don't think these audits happen very often at all, just wanted to point out that it was a misload. The only reason the OP caught it was he saw the sup put it in there and he double checked it.

The other point was that since the sup also loaded the package cars, the OP is not responsible for any misleads.

Good for you for not allowing a sup to touch your packages, I mean boxes, I mean parcels, whatever. We don't need any sexual harassment claims here on BC. We need more people like you to tell them to not touch. If you get slammed and need help, send over another preloader.

watdaflock?

Misloads do happen, but I'd be willing to bet those people who have been there 10 plus years also average 1 a month.

The guys who've been there for 10 plus years probably also hand-pick what cars they load because they know the flow and how heavy the cars are.
Misloads are more easily preventable on less volume pc's. Many of the senior preloaders only load two cars, while others have 3+.

imo

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
The guys who've been there for 10 plus years probably also hand-pick what cars they load because they know the flow and how heavy the cars are.
Misloads are more easily preventable on less volume pc's. Many of the senior preloaders only load two cars, while others have 3+.

imo
Lmao...where do you work?? Some preload allow bidding on load assignments...most don't. I WAD and load the trucks I'm told to. 3?? On an easy day I load 4. Usually 5.

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
I don't understand. The OP said he is still in his probationary period yet also was talking about how many misloads he has each month.
In the Western Region Supplement, a PT'er has to work 70 days in a 6 month period to qualify. That is over 3 calendar months.

A sup can claim "training" anytime during his probationary period.

HardknocksUPSer

I don't understand. The OP said he is still in his probationary period yet also was talking about how many misloads he has each month.
I was hired as a free hire, worked around 2 and a half months as a free hire for Christmas on preload, was rehired and brought back to preload and finally got a handle on my misloads after I was rehired.