Preload question

PT Car Washer

I did pull them out, place them in the right truck, so it wasn't a actual misload, however it could have been, but that's besides the point, the point is I wanted to know how to handle a sup trying to screw me over by purposely loading misloads, I'm pretty sure that's not right.
Sup could just say they were SALTing your load to see if you caught it or not. If your management team wants you gone they will make you want to quit.

By The Book

I don't think they want me to quit, just think they wana piss me off, they seem to think pissin people off makes them work harder lol
Once they find out you don't like it, they do it more. It's a game to them so make it a game to you. If one of my supes pops off to me I'm entitled to pop off to them.

PT Car Washer

I don't think they want me to quit, just think they wana piss me off, they seem to think pissin people off makes them work harder lol
It does make you work harder. Also causes a lot more damages if you know what I mean. I am not saying to intestinally damage packages but I believe from my experience there is a direct effect. Dropped a case of motor oil too hard one morning after one of their motivational speeches. You get the picture. Short term results with long lasting consequences.

bagpipes

Let's put the shoe on the other foot.

Your management is tasked with making sure there are as close to zero misloads, among other things. How?
- Training
- Assigning work
- Giving resources needed
- Giving authority to do it
- Control

Lots of ways to do the above. How can they control the process? Track your misloads, make sure drivers call in misloads, etc. How do you check for misloads before pull times?
- check entire car
- SALTing cars

It's that simple. If you find a SALT, put it in the right place. There's no "angle", a Sup SALTing your car is not an attempt to get you in trouble - he's doing his job. Don't look too much into it.

If he really wants to get rid of you, there are plenty of other ways (easiest of which is to let someone crash and burn on their own).

PT Car Washer

Let's put the shoe on the other foot.

Your management is tasked with making sure there are as close to zero misloads, among other things. How?
- Training
- Assigning work
- Giving resources needed
- Giving authority to do it
- Control

Lots of ways to do the above. How can they control the process? Track your misloads, make sure drivers call in misloads, etc. How do you check for misloads before pull times?
- check entire car
- SALTing cars

It's that simple. If you find a SALT, put it in the right place. There's no "angle", a Sup SALTing your car is not an attempt to get you in trouble - he's doing his job. Don't look too much into it.

If he really wants to get rid of you, there are plenty of other ways (easiest of which is to let someone crash and burn on their own).
I agree with most of what you are saying. But what about the correlation between production numbers and misload numbers. In the old days using the load charts and reading the address labels misloads were rare. Almost nonexistent compared to todays numbers. Of course we only handled a fraction of the volume in the same time as todays preload.

F

FrigidAdCorrector

I did pull them out, place them in the right truck, so it wasn't a actual misload, however it could have been, but that's besides the point, the point is I wanted to know how to handle a sup trying to screw me over by purposely loading misloads, I'm pretty sure that's not right.
Aren't you in your 30? If so sups don't need to frame you for anything. Just say you are too slow and give you the boot.

You're seriously overreacting to this whole thing.

bagpipes

Another thought HKUPSer... if you want to understand a person, watch how they react in stressful situations.

No matter the job or company, if a superior thinks you can't handle the work, can't handle others, can't handle being supervised or audited, or can't handle criticism, they will want to replace you with someone who can. Call it dog-eat-dog, but it is what it is. If you want to stay past your probationary period, get the job done and leave a good impression.

PT Car Washer

Another thought HKUPSer... if you want to understand a person, watch how they react in stressful situations.

No matter the job or company, if a superior thinks you can't handle the work, can't handle others, can't handle being supervised or audited, or can't handle criticism, they will want to replace you with someone who can. Call it dog-eat-dog, but it is what it is. If you want to stay past your probationary period, get the job done and leave a good impression.
I wish someone had told me this 37 years ago. Maybe I would be more then just a PT car washer now. Really good insight and advice.

HardknocksUPSer

Thanks guys, probably threw it in the truck purposely to see if I was checking for misloads instead of trying to screw me over, guess time will tell, I don't believe I'll have a problem getting past the 30, by the time valentines is done with, I'll have the 30 in, volumes staying high at my center so working isn't a issue, thanks for all the kind concerns and advices guys, appreciate it!

bagpipes

Good for you. If you have the right attitude, work hard, and are open-minded, you can be successful in this company in time - in the big picture (especially compared to other companies). Do not let anyone convince you otherwise. Attitude matters.

joeboodog

good people drink good beer
I think that is just asking for problems to intentionally place misloads in the cars. What ever happened to service? That could cause an international service failure for an innocent customer. I just think it's a bad practice.

J

jibbs

I think that is just asking for problems to intentionally place misloads in the cars. What ever happened to service? That could cause an international service failure for an innocent customer. I just think it's a bad practice.

And then to have it be the responsibility of the preloader or the driver to catch the supervisor's intentional misload is grimy as :censored2:.

HardknocksUPSer

Good for you. If you have the right attitude, work hard, and are open-minded, you can be successful in this company in time - in the big picture (especially compared to other companies). Do not let anyone convince you otherwise. Attitude matters.
Thanks bagpipes, I believe you, it's a lot easier going to work if you wana go, and to wana go things can't bother you too much.