Preload Start Time

Erectionist

Recently, the start time for preload at my hub has been changed to 12AM from 4AM. My question is, am I obligated to go in at 12AM? The reason why I'm asking is because I've been doing helpers along with preload and 16 hours of work is quite tiresome.

moldsporh

We get alot of drivers that come in and load for a few hours, prob why their start time is later. Maybe because ups doesn't want to pay them the extra OT since it's OT after 5 hours.

Never really understood why at the time of the year that getting everything delivered, was more in the public eye than any other time of the year, yet we still cut as many corners as possible.

I understand the business aspect of it, but if you start earlier, get the loads neat, more will fit, and more will get delivered in a more timely fashion.

If UPS could gather all the boxes for the preload, put them in a large hopper suspended from the building, open the roof, then drop them down like a squadron of bombers ...they would do it and not even consider the mess to clean up.

I've never known a company that spends more money trying to save money.

Loadabrownie

I dont think it applies to non drivers. I start at 12am and wrap up by 930 then jump from 1 to 7 pulled in 68 hours. Its tiring but in my opinion worth it