Preload Start Time

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
I can definitely handle it but having more sleep isn't so bad, right? From 12AM-3AM there's only 40-50 packages that comes down my slide, tell me again how I need to be there by my scheduled start time.
You don't get to decide when it's important you are there. If your start time is 12. You arrive at 12 just like everybody else. I assure you that you aren't the only person with this schedule.

542thruNthru

Frigid is right. Your primary job is preload. So you are required to show up when you are scheduled. You are not required to show up as a helper.

I don't know why you are complaining. All of preload here loves to start at that time. So that they can get more overtime hours.

Don't wanna be a D* (I think that's how you NF guys do it.) But quit whining about it. You want more sleep. Stop being a helper.

22.34life

They can't change ur start time by more than 1 hour.u are only contractual obligated to work 5 hours also.peak or not but I'm sure ur ba has his own opinions on this

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
They can't change ur start time by more than 1 hour.u are only contractual obligated to work 5 hours also.peak or not but I'm sure ur ba has his own opinions on this
Actually, in my local....they can't change it more than a half hour....and we are required to work mandatory OT as needed. It used to be 5 hours and you could leave here...not anymore.
If you need relief from OT as a PTer, you must submit a written request....pending management approval, of course.

Last edited:

Octave

I know of one seasonal preloader who shows up at 3:30 am regardless of start time because she has another job during the day. Worked out some deal with management, so perhaps you could talk to your boss. But I think your boss will tell you to suck it up or stop being a driver helper. I think the only reason they let this seasonal hire show up late all the time is because my hub seems to have had trouble hiring extra help for peak.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
Because it was the right one. Your start time is midnight. End of story.
You are obligated to come in. You are a preloader first, helper second.

Not quite. In our area, you aren't obligated to come in earlier than one hour before your regular start time. We work under a contract...maybe you weren't aware. ;)

OP: ask a steward what your supplement says about change of start time.