Preload to Outbound

Discussion in 'FedEx Discussions' started by preloadnewbie, Jun 22, 2015.

1. preloadnewbie

preloadnewbie New Member

How does one go about switching from preload to outbound? Do I have to reapply for outbound or do I talk to HR?
  2. UpstateNYUPSer

UpstateNYUPSer Very proud grandfather.

I believe you have to have been in your current position for at least 6 months before you can request an internal transfer.
  3. Operational needs

Operational needs Well-Known Member

What do you mean by outbound? You want to switch from AM to PM shift?
    Last edited: Jun 23, 2015
  4. brown25

brown25 Member

At my hub you have to wait a year before a transfer request
  5. dezguy

dezguy Well-Known Member

You guys realize UPS regulations don't apply to FedEx, right?
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • List
  6. STFXG

STFXG Well-Known Member

Why don't you ask management?
  7. FedExMatk

FedExMatk New Member

At my station there is no requirements to ask for a transfer from inbound to outbound. This might be different at your station but we can't seem to keep ANY one on outbound. We have had the same crew on inbound for years but our outbound is basically new people on a weekly basis. My managers would love to have someone switch to outbound haha.
  8. CJinx

CJinx Well-Known Member

Are you at a satellite station or a hub?
  9. PrimeUPS

PrimeUPS Member

Preloaders are classified differently than Loader/Unloaders. Even if your building runs a pkg preload and hub sunrise sort at the same time, they generally have different managers (or FT sups if the sort is too small to necessitate a full manager). Preload to other hub shifts (TWI, Night, and Day) are equally different. It's a change in SLIC.
    Talk to HR about opportunities, they can tell you the time limits and what may be available in your area. As far as the difficulty, it's all about what the manager WANTS to do.
  10. Route 66

Route 66 Throbbing Member

I think there is a whole lot of confusion going on in this thread...preloadnewbie must be UPS.
  11. SmithBarney

SmithBarney Well-Known Member

preload is a UPSer... posting in the FedEx section... no worries, I'm sure he can get switched to reload if he can find it.. ;) J/K