Preloader: do you write the number on the packages?

Pooter

If you're going to write numbers then at least try to put it in order, or else you are just wasting time.

Don't be afraid to move crap around. If you see 10 boxesfor the same stop then drop it to the floor instead of crowding the shelf. This includes giant amazon boxes. Why use half the shelf for 1 box or 1 stop?

Preload is easy if you use common sense.

Overpaid Union Thug

Writing numbers on the boxes is, in fact, a waste of time if your center has PALs. There is already a number on them! I can't read most of the written numbers anyway. But, if your sups want you to do so then write them. Just don't hide the PALs.

livin the dream

ideally the packages are loaded how they need to be to fit everything regardless of where the pal sticker is. then the loader writes the number on the side of the box that's visible. idk how that isn't beneficial

Overpaid Union Thug

ideally the packages are loaded how they need to be to fit everything regardless of where the pal sticker is. then the loader writes the number on the side of the box that's visible. idk how that isn't beneficial
The PALs can usually be moved with ease. Or faced for selection. Writing is redundant and therefore a waste of time. Plus, most preloaders are either in too much of a hurry to write legibly or arent capable of it.

CHALLY9TX

Like OUT said, its waste of time when the boxes already have PALs. Writing on the boxes also sucks on the send agains. Boxes end up on the wrong shelf because they have 2 numbers on them

McGee

Like OUT said, its waste of time when the boxes already have PALs. Writing on the boxes also sucks on the send agains. Boxes end up on the wrong shelf because they have 2 numbers on them

I always cross them out and circle the NEW PAL ( so at least the driver has SOMETHING to go by if I can't get the label out, up or in the aisle to be easily read)

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
If you're going to write numbers then at least try to put it in order, or else you are just wasting time.

Don't be afraid to move crap around. If you see 10 boxesfor the same stop then drop it to the floor instead of crowding the shelf. This includes giant amazon boxes. Why use half the shelf for 1 box or 1 stop?

Preload is easy if you use common sense.
Yeah but their not trained correctly anyway to remotely do anything that makes any sense. Remember UPS is DUMBYING DOWN the job nowadays. Dont even know why they have loaders anyway, all they do is make the job 100 times harder than what it needs to be anyway. Not all loaders can be highly intelligent like our girl BB58.

DumbTruckDriver

Allergic to cardboard.
I would write HIN numbers on 75% of the packages when I loaded. This was in a five car area. I did it to keep myself organized, as I prided myself on loading stop-for-stop. I knew the drivers didn't read what I wrote, so it didn't matter if I was the only one that could read it.