Preloader: do you write the number on the packages?

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Yeah but their not trained correctly anyway to remotely do anything that makes any sense. Remember UPS is DUMBYING DOWN the job nowadays. Dont even know why they have loaders anyway, all they do is make the job 100 times harder than what it needs to be anyway. Not all loaders can be highly intelligent like our girl BB58.

You make this way too easy.

Anyone can be whatever or whomever they want to be online.

Super Loader

My question is has any preloader actually been written up for moving the pals or not writing on the boxes. I have a meeting with my center sup and union tomorrow about this. They always claim it's a work method, but have never seen it written down as one.

HardknocksUPSer

My question is has any preloader actually been written up for moving the pals or not writing on the boxes. I have a meeting with my center sup and union tomorrow about this. They always claim it's a work method, but have never seen it written down as one.
A sup no longer at my center said that it shouldn't be done because it makes it pointless for the person who is scanning and slapping labels to do their job again by moving the PAL but I do it anyway.

jbg77

I write the hin # on probably 85% of the packages I load. Another 10% i'd say I face the package with the hin out so the driver can see. The truth is the drivers are looking for the big address label more than anything. As long as you get it on the right shelf in close to the right order your good, otherwise WAD.

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
From page 9 of the Preload Methods packet
image.jpg

MC4YOU2

Wherever I see Trump, it smells like he's Putin.
Our whole team moves the hin label if necessary to make it visible from the aisle. The scanners intentionally only partially stick the labels on to make it easier. On a reasonably good load, before you wrap up the bulk, you can do a quick audit just reading down the line. I'd commonly pull a misload or 5 out right away when I first got there. I found this much easier than reading any sharpie scrawl that would otherwise be on there.
One of my first loaders was very dyslexic and so the writing was like false hope. Also, if the preload sup wanted to monitor the progress of a newbie it was much easier for them to do so as well.

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
Our whole team moves the hin label if necessary to make it visible from the aisle. The scanners intentionally only partially stick the labels on to make it easier. On a reasonably good load, before you wrap up the bulk, you can do a quick audit just reading down the line. I'd commonly pull a misload or 5 out right away when I first got there. I found this much easier than reading any sharpie scrawl that would otherwise be on there.
One of my first loaders was very dyslexic and so the writing was like false hope. Also, if the preload sup wanted to monitor the progress of a newbie it was much easier for them to do so as well.
I like peel and stick myself for the same reason. But the methods (and higher ups) dictate writing on the package.

It is quicker too