Preloader "promoted" more work same pay

Rickidy

I was "promoted today." In our center a preloader has to load two trucks and fill surepost bags at the same time. it is a bitch trust me. I was told today that this was my new spot. They asked another preloader if he would do it and he refused. Do I have this option? I have more seniority then the preloader they asked and they didn't ask me they told me it was my new spot. Im in the union do I file a grievance or do I just have to make the best of it?

J

jibbs

Spin. Call it a promotion to make the employee feel like he got something out of the deal other than more work.

Slow it down like Xexys said. I don't think seniority would apply in this situation but I'm not 100% confident on that.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
Lol that doesn't sound much like a promotion. They can move you to load different trucks....seniority has little to do with it. We work as directed.

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
There is no such thing as a promotion among hourly package handlers. Whether loading package cars, unloading feeders, sorting, etc...if you are a part time package handler your job is classified as WAD (work as directed job) and they can have you perform any task that doesn't require a certification.

In some areas seniority can help get you into another area of the operation.

1000RR

Not sure which region you are in but here job titles such as load, unload, pickoff etc are done by seniority. You can't choose a SPECIFIC truck, trailer etc to load UNLESS A PRIOR PAST PRACTICE HAS BEEN ESTABLISHED. I'm in the central region. If that doesn't work, do the best you can using the methods!

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
I was "promoted today." In our center a preloader has to load two trucks and fill surepost bags at the same time. it is a bitch trust me. I was told today that this was my new spot. They asked another preloader if he would do it and he refused. Do I have this option? I have more seniority then the preloader they asked and they didn't ask me they told me it was my new spot. Im in the union do I file a grievance or do I just have to make the best of it?
And I'd take loading 2 trucks and scanning surepost smalls over loading 5-6 trucks a day....stop whining.