Preloader/Sorter extra $1.00

boxxybrown

I was wondering if anyone can help me out with this; I am not having much luck asking these questions at work. I work the preload shift (4:30a.m-9:00a.m) and was hired September 2012. Although I usually unload, I also work surepost, sort aisle, DCAP, and have sat in on the small sort and loading areas when someone left for a short time. I started at $8.50, went to $9.50 after 30 working days (I think), had a raise to $10.00 on Sept 2013, and went to $10.50 when the contract was finally ratified. Am I entitled to the extra $1.00 pay? Most people in my hub said that they have gotten rid of it since the "color-coded" sorting went into effect.

P.S. all those around my seniority date make the same as me and has not received this 1.00.
any help would be amazing.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
I was wondering if anyone can help me out with this; I am not having much luck asking these questions at work. I work the preload shift (4:30a.m-9:00a.m) and was hired September 2012. Although I usually unload, I also work surepost, sort aisle, DCAP, and have sat in on the small sort and loading areas when someone left for a short time. I started at $8.50, went to $9.50 after 30 working days (I think), had a raise to $10.00 on Sept 2013, and went to $10.50 when the contract was finally ratified. Am I entitled to the extra $1.00 pay? Most people in my hub said that they have gotten rid of it since the "color-coded" sorting went into effect.

P.S. all those around my seniority date make the same as me and has not received this 1.00.
No, there's no longer an extra dollar an hour for sorting.

saintrick

If you work the preload operation you should get the $1.00.

You should have started at 9.50.

saintrick

Our building did away with the extra $1.00 preload pay unless you are high seniority.

I guess it depends on where you work. Anyone assigned to the preload operation in my location get the 1.00 no matter what job or shift they work. We have been on ED and PAS for 10 years or so.

Did anybody fight when the 1.00 was taken?

PT Car Washer

I have not been on preload for decades but have friends there. Yeah they did fight it and lost. I think you have to have pre PAS seniority to receive the extra Dollar. I know the contract says preload receive the Dollar premium but lost anyway.