Preloaders - advice on snacks

greengrenades

To be the man, you gotta beat the man.
Fellow preloaders - new to the role, only been loading 3 trucks for 4 days now. Although I've been told I'm doing a good job, about two-thirds of the way through the shift I really hit the wall and get very tired and the boxes pile up quicker than I can load them.

The guy next to me suggested I eat some snacks for energy, so I wondered what other preloaders recommend for snacks to provide an energy boost? I eat a granola bar before my shift starts every day but obviously it's not enough!

Thanks in advance for your input!
Really I always just ate whatever, and just drank water constantly. You can pretty much eat whatever, your just going to burn off the calories anyways.

HBGPreloader

I rarely do breakfast. And, I never eat before preload.
So, during a typical shift, I'll go through a 20 oz bottle of both soda (coke or mtn dew) and gatorade. And, I keep a bottle of water in the cooler "just in case".
My typical snacks are a 2 pack of peanut butter Kandy Kakes and Doublicious Butterscotch Krimpets.
Sometimes, I'll mix it up and go with candy bars or whatever else I can quickly and easily eat.

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
I rarely do breakfast. And, I never eat before preload.
So, during a typical shift, I'll go through a 20 oz bottle of both soda (coke or mtn dew) and gatorade. And, I keep a bottle of water in the cooler "just in case".
My typical snacks are a 2 pack of peanut butter Kandy Kakes and Doublicious Butterscotch Krimpets.
Sometimes, I'll mix it up and go with candy bars or whatever else I can quickly and easily eat.

TastyKake FTMFW!!

watdaflock?

C-c-c-c-c-c-cocaaainnnne!

9kmxvh.jpg

Relax. I'm joking.

Gatorade, water and half a bagel works great for me. Occasionally the vending machine wins.
81oVRAW2z2L._SX425_.jpg

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
I can typically go 3 to 3 1/2 hours without a snack. I eat breakfast at 7:30 and lunch at 12:30 with a Diet Dew in between. That's just me.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I can typically go 3 to 3 1/2 hours without a snack. I eat breakfast at 7:30 and lunch at 12:30 with a Diet Dew in between. That's just me.

We have a driver who eats healthy snacks throughout the day. We have another driver who eats a full bag of chips on the 1 hour ride to his area and another on the 1 hour ride back to the center, along with a 6 pack of Mountain Dew.

The sad part is the chips/Dew driver, who also smokes, will probably out live us all.