Preloaders bidding positions

Discussion in 'UPS Union Issues' started by Vermillion, Mar 7, 2015.

1. Vermillion

Vermillion New Member

Are there any facilities out there that have their preloaders bid their AM work? Example: I'm not up to loading package cars today so I would rather unload the trailers or do the Sure Post position..... and I have seniority over the two workers currently doing those positions.....?

2. Lead Belly

Lead Belly BANNED

Are you serious???

3. Vermillion

Vermillion New Member

Yes. Dead serious. We have at least 4 overweight, lazy workers here that are placed in very easy positions by management because they cannot handle any of the harder work. This work, of course, gets dumped on the harder working individuals. I would like to bump those guys and see what happens. Drivers bid routes, why can't we....?

4. Lead Belly

Lead Belly BANNED

If you work like a superstar ups will always make you the franchise player. Being Michael Jordan or Emmitt smith doesnt pay what it does at ups though.

5. Yes. We have preferred bids.

6. root

root Calm down, i'll handle it

Not here...

7. Lead Belly

Lead Belly BANNED

In different parts of the country this varies. Asking his business agent priceless.

8. Vermillion

Vermillion New Member

We have at least 4 Jordans here. They are young and don't understand the framework.

9. Vermillion

Vermillion New Member

what language did you use to have the management recognize the right to bid and then implement?

10. root

probably past practice

11. root

CORRECTION: I should of read the contract first, looks like we ARE allowed to bid into preferred positions after 6 Months

My bad, sorry op you were right.