Preloaders have to skip break if stacked out.

jeffpatterson

Today we were told if we were stacked out when break was called we would have to work through it. They said we can then take our break after the sort is complete. Kind of defeats the purpose of a break. Also if we go to the restroom throughout the day that would count against our break.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Umm no your entitled to your break and bathroom breaks are not break time. It's their problem let them deal with it.

Covemastah

Hoopah drives the boat Chief !!
THEY CANT DO THAT !! I call Bull Zhit !! It's a contract violation and if they try,work as directed ,then file a group grievence !!!

Johney

Today we were told if we were stacked out when break was called we would have to work through it. They said we can then take our break after the sort is complete. Kind of defeats the purpose of a break. Also if we go to the restroom throughout the day that would count against our break.
Take your break when it comes,do you really want to sit there when your shift is over to take your break? If this is the case tell your preload sup you need to start when the unload starts so you have a chance to keep up. Here I believe the loaders start 20 min after the unload so you come in and start already behind.

TearsInRain

IE boogeyman
you take breaks in preload?

i can't ever remember anyone wanting to take their break vs. just finishing as quick as possible to get out of there

rocket man

THATS A BUNCH OF CRAP WHEN ARE YOU PEople GONNA WAKE UP use your rights take your break let them walk you out you will be back with pay real soon. wake up wake up wake up ,supervisors are regular people to they take breaks stand up get a shop rep take your break. for you the person that did this post it shows how weak you are you should lead the fight instead of cowering on this site.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
How it works is this, they say a lot of things that just aren't the case with the hope that some of the weaker minded workers will comply.
In doing this they only invest the time it takes to say it and reap the huge benefits from the workers who impliment the bogus directive into their daily routine.
If it were me, I would go on break at break time and use the restroom when needed.
Essentually, I would call their bluff.

P.S. I heard next week, anybody who's set isn't wrapped up by the drivers' start times will have to stand in the corner for 15 minutes on their own time after they clock out.

curiousbrain

How it works is this, they say a lot of things that just aren't the case with the hope that some of the weaker minded workers will comply.
In doing this they only invest the time it takes to say it and reap the huge benefits from the workers who impliment the bogus directive into their daily routine.
If it were me, I would go on break at break time and use the restroom when needed.
Essentually, I would call their bluff.

P.S. I heard next week, anybody who's set isn't wrapped up by the drivers' start times will have to stand in the corner for 15 minutes on their own time after they clock out.

In the building where I am employed, if you have one misload, you forfeit your daily toilet paper ration.

ryansox

Wow can they really do that? I usually skip most of break anyways. The last hour is always the worst for me usually helps to get some of the stacks in.

PiedmontSteward

RTW-4-Less
Take your break and when your supervisor cries about it, offer to call him a WAAAMBULANCE.

Macbrother

People get breaks on preload? Our start time is 5 minutes after unload and after that we don't stop until the last box is in the truck. If there's a break in the belt or it gets really slow because they've been pounding us half the morning and we're waiting on a trailer we might be able to jog to the bathroom and get back in time, or ask a sup to stack out for us until we get back.

curiousbrain

People get breaks on preload? Our start time is 5 minutes after unload and after that we don't stop until the last box is in the truck. If there's a break in the belt or it gets really slow because they've been pounding us half the morning and we're waiting on a trailer we might be able to jog to the bathroom and get back in time, or ask a sup to stack out for us until we get back.

You're out of your mind; and I'm a supervisor - seriously, grow a pair and take your break. And, use the bathroom. Trust me when I say: they can't fire you for those human rights.

rocket man

Wow can they really do that? I usually skip most of break anyways. The last hour is always the worst for me usually helps to get some of the stacks in.
with this comment you just made i dont if your playing or for real i think you should quit go to wall mart and see if you get a break

UPSGUY72

The first time your sup tells you that you can't a break when everyone else is. Ask to see a Steward and tell the sup your going to need a grievance form... Then go take your break...

UPSGUY72

Helps who???? Your not helping yourself your screwing yourself out of time. However you are making your SUP look good...

packageguy

I think you work and grieve it. You work as directed, and then grieve it. What they are doing is throwing Sh** against the wall and see what will stick. You are entitle to a break you get a break. Then call your union hall and let them know what's going on.