Preloaders who have Orion.

HardknocksUPSer

Question to all preloaders who work in a center that already has Orion, does it make a diffrence if you write the first two numbers of the PAL instead of all 4 numbers? District manager came to my center awhile back and said when Orion arrives it will not work well with preloaders who only write two numbers instead of 4, I'm assuming this is bull:censored2:? Thanks.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
Question to all preloaders who work in a center that already has Orion, does it make a diffrence if you write the first two numbers of the PAL instead of all 4 numbers? District manager came to my center awhile back and said when Orion arrives it will not work well with preloaders who only write two numbers instead of 4, I'm assuming this is bull:censored2:? Thanks.
If you are told to write all 4 #'s....you WAD.

Box Ox

District manager came to my center awhile back and said when Orion arrives it will not work well with preloaders who only write two numbers instead of 4

If management and corporate knew/truly cared about what will or will not work well we wouldn't even be dealing with ORION. Preloaders are being told to change methods to try and compensate for the heavier loads and the absolute need for a walk path down the middle of the truck. It's now about filling from the side walls forward to the front of the shelf no matter how large or small the package. Loading so the driver can easily pull packages like he or she is at the bookstore is now officially a problem. And the hope is now that the packages against the wall behind the stuff in front will have numbers peeking out so drivers can still find them in their :censored2: show loads.

My method has always been to write all 4 #s unless there are two or three consecutive zeroes in the sequence number. In those cases, the zeroes are replaced with a dash.

For example:

5000 becomes 5----- (solid dash line)
While 5100 becomes 51--- (solid dash line)

Makes a big difference when your routes are coming down hard or you're loading an end to end bulk stop.

HardknocksUPSer

If management and corporate knew/truly cared about what will or will not work well we wouldn't even be dealing with ORION. Preloaders are being told to change methods to try and compensate for the heavier loads and the absolute need for a walk path down the middle of the truck. It's now about filling from the side walls forward to the front of the shelf no matter how large or small the package. Loading so the driver can easily pull packages like he or she is at the bookstore is now officially a problem. And the hope is now that the packages against the wall behind the stuff in front will have numbers peeking out so drivers can still find them in their :censored2: show loads.

My method has always been to write all 4 #s unless there are two or three consecutive zeroes in the sequence number. In those cases, the zeroes are replaced with a dash.

For example:

Makes a big difference when your routes are coming down hard or you're loading an end to end bulk stop.
Thanks for the insight, have you noticed how many more peices your trucks have "on average" as opposed to when your center/hub did not have Orion? I know it fluctuates daily but overall I could tell if mine went up somewhat. Thanks.

MendozaJ

For example:

Excellent tip.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
Lol okay, sorry wasn't thinking, I don't have time to work as directed to the full extent, either give me less trucks and less volume or kiss my ass, they can't have the cake and eat it too.
They are disciplining in my building for not following the methods....example, not writing on the boxes. They gave me an official verbal warning a few months ago, and fine, I'll play ball.

But I have seen guys actually suspended for it and for single digit misloads as well. I have never seen that before in my 9 years on preload.

HardknocksUPSer

They are disciplining in my building for not following the methods....example, not writing on the boxes. They gave me an official verbal warning a few months ago, and fine, I'll play ball.

But I have seen guys actually suspended for it and for single digit misloads as well. I have never seen that before in my 9 years on preload.
Wow that's pretty harsh, I can't believe they're flipping out over single digit misloads and people not writing all 4 digits, that's pretty ridiculous. I mean if it comes down to it and they put the heat on me about it I'll work as directed but stack stuff out to the tops of the package cars and stay till 9 every morning, they will eventually get the hint. I don't mind a few extra dollars anyways.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Wow that's pretty harsh, I can't believe they're flipping out over single digit misloads and people not writing all 4 digits, that's pretty ridiculous. I mean if it comes down to it and they put the heat on me about it I'll work as directed but stack stuff out to the tops of the package cars and stay till 9 every morning, they will eventually get the hint. I don't mind a few extra dollars anyways.
Then do it anyway if you don't mind.

wayfair

swollen member
when having 50 pieces in a section, please, at least try, to keep pkgs in an ascending order.

It's very frustrating to get to front of a section and having the last stops in the front. Get to the front of section 6 and finding 67xx. stuff like that!

HardknocksUPSer

Then what good does it do? Writing two numbers doesn't really help a driver.
He makes 3 times what I do, I think 2 numbers is enough, when you load 5 trucks you can't please everyone, their lucky their getting two numbers, they don't need someone to hold their hands, just point them in the right direction.

HardknocksUPSer

when having 50 pieces in a section, please, at least try, to keep pkgs in an ascending order.

It's very frustrating to get to front of a section and having the last stops in the front. Get to the front of section 6 and finding 67xx. stuff like that!
I always try to make things easier example: putting a 6300 behind a 6000 instead of putting a 6000 behind a 6300, it's not always perfect but it's close.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
He makes 3 times what I do, I think 2 numbers is enough, when you load 5 trucks you can't please everyone, their lucky their getting two numbers, they don't need someone to hold their hands, just point them in the right direction.

He makes more than you so you should make his job harder than it has to be?