Preloaders who have Orion.

wayfair

swollen member
If he can't find a package within inches of where it's supposed to be, I don't care, probably shouldn't be driving anyways if that's the case, I could understand if it's all over the place but it's not, my drivers don't complain.

I think it should be a prerequisite that preloaders ride with a driver to see how "inches of where it's supposed to be" truly affects the drivers routine.
I'm not saying that you're a bad preloader, but I tell you the one I have now is one of the laziest I've ever had!

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
I think it should be a prerequisite that preloaders ride with a driver to see how "inches of where it's supposed to be" truly affects the drivers routine.
I'm not saying that you're a bad preloader, but I tell you the one I have now is one of the laziest I've ever had!
Yeah many preloaders have no idea just how much their job affects ours.

HardknocksUPSer

I've done driver helper a lot, also spent time sorting trucks out while helping with driver helper, all the crap in the back gets moved up anyway so that doesn't matter, my drivers care about the 1000 shelf and that's all, after they get that off they could care less. A guy who I consider to be like a dad to me is also a driver and I know what he goes through, even he tells me get the 1000 shelf right and don't worry about it, he also could care less if I write numbers, he doesn't go by them, if your smart you wouldn't count on what a preloader writes on the box, it's not always correct depending on who loads.

MendozaJ

when having 50 pieces in a section, please, at least try, to keep pkgs in an ascending order.

It's very frustrating to get to front of a section and having the last stops in the front. Get to the front of section 6 and finding 67xx. stuff like that!

50 on the 6000 shelf? Not happening. 50 in ascending order on the 6000 shelf?

:fantasysmiley:

clean hairy

He makes 3 times what I do, I think 2 numbers is enough, when you load 5 trucks you can't please everyone, their lucky their getting two numbers, they don't need someone to hold their hands, just point them in the right direction.
Just how will you react if/when you become a Driver and get your truck loaded bad?
You approach your preloader about load quality and he states you make 3x what he does, you will be happy with the loads you get?

MendozaJ

ever heard of "snaking the load"?
It can be done

Not with FL3, RDR, drops, irregs, and three other trucks to load. Can't really snake when the space above and below are occupied.

Not only does every driver I've worked with sort, but they're expected to.

T

Turdferguson

Not with FL3, RDR, drops, irregs, and three other trucks to load. Can't really snake when the space above and below are occupied.

Not only does every driver I've worked with sort, but they're expected to.
Are they sending you home early and starting them early?

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
I load half of my truck after the PCM.
I don't write numbers on each box.
Can guarantee you, every single one of my misloads had a number on it. DOESN'T MATTER

Drink Craft Beer

when having 50 pieces in a section, please, at least try, to keep pkgs in an ascending order.

It's very frustrating to get to front of a section and having the last stops in the front. Get to the front of section 6 and finding 67xx. stuff like that!
HAHA.....really? You expect 50pcs in one section to be in complete order?

Hopefully you don't say that to your loader.