Preloaders who have Orion.

PT Car Washer

Absolutely this. I'm on both sides as well. Drivers who never preloaded, preloaded briefly or preloaded in the past should understand that if a permanent PTer gives them a bad load, it probably wasn't because they weren't trying. These days preloaders get drilled very heavily (even more so than just a few years ago) and can't control how it's managed to the extent drivers can manage their work.

Choosing between one or the other, I'd take a day on the road over preload every time.
Especially when you are earning 1/3 to 1/2 as much an hour as a driver who at least gets to sit down half the day. Most drivers would rather drive then have to work the preload any day the sun is shining. Bad weather is another issue.

HardknocksUPSer

I was told we are writing all 4 numbers so the driver can stand at the bulkhead door and see every number clearly, I have been told to backfill the shelfs with larger packages and put smalls, letters, bags and other packages on the front of the shelf lip loaded, they tell us we HAVE to write all 4 numbers even when the PAL is facing out. I was also told that we cannot peel the PAL's as a mean of trying to get out of writing the numbers.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I was told we are writing all 4 numbers so the driver can stand at the bulkhead door and see every number clearly, I have been told to backfill the shelfs with larger packages and put smalls, letters, bags and other packages on the front of the shelf lip loaded, they tell us we HAVE to write all 4 numbers even when the PAL is facing out. I was also told that we cannot peel the PAL's as a mean of trying to get out of writing the numbers.

Absolute waste of time.

Drink Craft Beer

And lemme guess?

After expecting to do all of that that, you get asked why you're missing packages going down the belt....... that eventually have to be sent around again?

wayfair

swollen member
Has less to do with Orion and more to do with the quality (or lack thereof) of our new hires.

has everything to do with ORION, that's why the new drivers are being trained to memorize the last 4 HIN numbers for the next stop as I typed earlier...

as for the new style of load, load quality is sh*... seems every address label is either facing down, away or against the wall/floor, but by golly the scribbles can be seen, not deciphered lol

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

has everything to do with ORION, that's why the new drivers are being trained to memorize the last 4 HIN numbers for the next stop as I typed earlier...

as for the new style of load, load quality is sh*... seems every address label is either facing down, away or against the wall/floor, but by golly the scribbles can be seen, not deciphered lol

As I said above, this has less to do with Orion and more to do with the quality of our new hires.

HardknocksUPSer

And lemme guess?

After expecting to do all of that that, you get asked why you're missing packages going down the belt....... that eventually have to be sent around again?
I'm at the end of the belt with a set of rollers so I pile my :censored2: on there as high as I need to, it's okay (in the sups eyes) to leave it stacked on the roller but it's not okay to stack it behind the car, who knows, you know how they are. Anyhow yes the others up the belt from me who miss get fussed at daily.