Preloaders who have Orion.

HBGPreloader

That's the goal with ORION.

...We fail to meet that goal fairly often.

Hardknocks, best advice with this BS I have for you is to try to get put on the same pull every day so you can learn the trucks. Writing PAL #'s becomes near worthless once you're familiar enough with the way you need to build each load.

Worse comes to worst? Learn how to peel a PAL label off and reapply it while you carry and load a package. Load the package, slap the PAL on the outward-facing side. They want 4 numbers? :censored2: it, peel-and-reapply PALs and give them entire addresses and everybody wins.

It's not as tricky as some people make it out to be, those with fat fingers notwithstanding....
In our building, the new "labels" are printed right on the box. So, you can't peel them - or, all to often, you can't read them either.

HBGPreloader

How do they print them on the package ?
It's something like this...
http://blog.ups.com/2010/07/09/ups-gains-efficiencies-reduces-environmental-impact-with-hp-handheld/
I'm not sure if that is what they're using now. But, it would be a serious improvement over what we had. When they were first introduced here, they were using a "glove" that had a scanner and inkjet printer built into it.
Everyone that had to use them were complaining about them because the glove would cause blisters, they printed illegible labels and you can barely read on a "tan" cardboard box.
Now, we loaders still complain because you still can't read them. The ink smears and the heads clog very easily. And, the ink is water soluble. So, if it rains, they basically had to print out the labels twice - the second time on paper.
Unfortunately, management now says it's too costly to replace the cartridges when they start crapping out. So, misloads are probably higher now than before they introduced this system.

It's something like this...
http://blog.ups.com/2010/07/09/ups-gains-efficiencies-reduces-environmental-impact-with-hp-handheld/
I'm not sure if that is what they're using now. But, it would be a serious improvement over what we had. When they were first introduced here, they were using a "glove" that had a scanner and inkjet printer built into it.
Everyone that had to use them were complaining about them because the glove would cause blisters, they printed illegible labels and you can barely read on a "tan" cardboard box.
Now, we loaders still complain because you still can't read them. The ink smears and the heads clog very easily. And, the ink is water soluble. So, if it rains, they basically had to print out the labels twice - the second time on paper.
Unfortunately, management now says it's too costly to replace the cartridges when they start crapping out. So, misloads are probably higher now than before they introduced this system.
Sounds just as bad as the crappy scanners and bad batteries they use.

HBGPreloader

They won't let us peel ours, and we are told that we must write all 4 numbers on the box even if the PAL is facing out, it's ridiculous.
I played that game for a while and just started writing the numbers on ALL the boxes - really small too - so the supervisors would have to go in the car to read them. But, hey, I worked as directed.
Now, after playing their many games, they, pretty much, leave me alone. Fortunately, though, my drivers like me too and have gone to bat for me on countless occasions.

HBGPreloader

Sounds just as bad as the crappy scanners and bad batteries they use.
The supervisors, mostly, still use the old ones for send-agains. But, once in a while, some dummy will come around and use the new printers - without crossing off the old one - leaving it up to me to try to decipher 1/8" tall date to figure out which number to use.
Overall, though, no, these are much worse.

The supervisors, mostly, still use the old ones for send-agains. But, once in a while, some dummy will come around and use the new printers - without crossing off the old one - leaving it up to me to try to decipher 1/8" tall date to figure out which number to use.
Overall, though, no, these are much worse.
Does UPS ever test anything out,before they use it? We can't even write on the info notices.

friend* unbelievable.

HBGPreloader

Does UPS ever test anything out,before they use it? We can't even write on the info notices.

friend* unbelievable.
They tested it before we got it. And, the person that introduced it to me said they have this great new system to reduce the number of misloads. She then they qualified it with - you just can't read the label when you're in the package car. :(

They tested it before we got it. And, the person that introduced it to me said they have this great new system to reduce the number of misloads. She then they qualified it with - you just can't read the label when you're in the package car. :(
The stupidity is amazing. You got someone that's never delivered a package or have never gotten laid. Telling you how to do your job.

werenotthepostoffice

deep down inside I really do not care
In our building, the new "labels" are printed right on the box. So, you can't peel them - or, all to often, you can't read them either.
We have those in our center and as a driver,THEY SUCK! You can't read them so my loader guesses,most of the time wrong,and they are difficult to read from any distance.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
We've had the imprint scanners for a long time. It seems like there is always one sorter who's ink cartridge is junk and you can't read the labels...which means roughly 1,000 out of 20,000 packages coming through the system is illegible.

PT Car Washer

We've had the imprint scanners for a long time. It seems like there is always one sorter who's ink cartridge is junk and you can't read the labels...which means roughly 1,000 out of 20,000 packages coming through the system is illegible.
But they still load them because the sup says to just read the PAL label and don't stack.