Prerecord Button

I think it's there so you can accidentally hit it while doing air and then when you are about to punch out you figure it out and now you have late air.

kingOFchester

Used it yesterday. Scanned and loaded 12 packages on hand truck for a vet yesterday. Got to the door, sign says "we had an emergency, back after 2". Hit prerecord. One less step when I returned at 3.

Richard Harrow

Deplorable.
I had 33 stops in a monstrous apartment building yesterday. I used pre-record to deliver the 18 stops I couldn't get rid of so the guy at the concierge desk didn't have to sign the board 18 times.

menotyou

bella amicizia
They didn't think teaching the diad was important when I went to driver school. The center thought it should have been taught at driver school. I learned by myself on Saturday's. Not much of a need, then. Not many apt. desk jockeys will sign for packages here. Will call racks always full.

Indecisi0n

I think it's there so you can accidentally hit it while doing air and then when you are about to punch out you figure it out and now you have late air.

The famous prerecord. I had it happen few months ago on bulk stop. Scanned a few airs , prerecorded since this bulk stops has 4 different locations in the truck. I wanted to make sure i had everything before i went upstairs. I go to punch out that night and BEEP BEEP must remove prerecorded stops before you can punch out, i said to myself oh nooooooooooo. Sure enough there were my airs.

menotyou

bella amicizia
The famous prerecord. I had it happen few months ago on bulk stop. Scanned a few airs , prerecorded since this bulk stops has 4 different locations in the truck. I wanted to make sure i had everything before i went upstairs. I go to punch out that night and BEEP BEEP must remove prerecorded stops before you can punch out, i said to myself oh nooooooooooo. Sure enough there were my airs.
The OMS use to be able to fudge that late air time stamp. Not that I ever would do something like that. :winks:

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I wasn't talking prerecord. Considering I have stated here that I never even learned how to use that, I thought you would have read that. And, yes, I** use to be able to fudge the time stamp.

menotyou

bella amicizia
The air that was in prerecord which the OMS cannot change the time stamp of.
Oh my friend*&$#@& God. Really? Are we that bored this morning, Dave? Ok. What do you like on your toast? Butter? Jam? Peanut Butter?

Do you put your TP over or under the roll? Cottonelle is dying to know.

I like Law and Order:Criminal Intent the best out of all of the Law and Orders.

Brodie has horrible gas this morning.

Still bored?

Dracula

Package Car is cake compared to this...

A warning letter for you, my good sir.

I GOT ONE MORE

It's amazing how fast a thread can go off topic.

I guess I forgot about an apartment complex and left at. Prerecord does serve a purpose. That does make sense.

I have been a freight route guy for a while. Several times something has has happened when recording a bulk stop with the diad being slid in and out of the pouch (no dirty thoughts) and a whatever combination of events happens to AUTO prerecord.

ie, gold button intiates followed by the coincidental/proper numerical button and you have prerecord.

How many times have you noticed a different screen after pulling the diad back out of the pouch for the next package and just adjust it to continue the stop.

OK. Hopefully many drivers know what I'm talking about.
Frankly, I have begun a new habit of verifying I have no stops in prerecord before 10:30 because I been STUNG with management crap about late air.

I know the air was delivered on time, the customer knows the air was delivered on time, but UPS does not.

Ultimately, it's my fault due to input error, albeit accidental/unintentional.

UPS could eliminate this problem easily and eliminate many accidental late NDA.

Software could prompt the driver with a secondary screen.

"""""ARE YOU SURE YOU WANT TO PRERECORD?"""""

This would put an end to many a late NDA.

CORPORATE. are you listening?

Let's find ways to make it work, rather than causing undue driver chagrin.

I KNOW I was there on time, your software (and my inattention) caused an apparent service failure.

I could go on, but .....................