Prerecord Button

JDoe123

ad astra per aspera
I have never done this,could someone please explain how to do it.
If you attempt several apts,and they are not home,what is the procedure to prerecord them,
and have the concierge sign for all of them as one stop.?

Let's say you have deliveries for apartments A, B, C and D.  You go to apt. A, scan package.  They're not home.  Hit prerecord button.

Go to apt. B.  Scan package.  They're not home.  Hit prerecord button.

Do the same steps for apt's. C and D.

Go to manager's office.  Hit prerecord.  All the prerecorded apartments will be on the screen.

For apt. A hit "left at" (resi) (1 for resi, 2 for commercial)

Little arrow down to apt. B.  Hit "left at" (resi)

Little arrow down to apt. C.  Hit "left at" (resi)   Same thing for apt. D.

Hit "signature" "enter".  Have manager sign.  "signature" "enter" again, clarify, stop complete.  Delivery location "office"

Oh, and be sure to leave a delivery notice that you SCANNED that says you left package at the office IF OPEN so that if the manager isn't in you don't have to go back and change all your notes.  I learned that the hard way.  That's what I do anyway.

Clear as mud?

Last edited:

JDoe123

ad astra per aspera
I have never done this,could someone please explain how to do it.
If you attempt several apts,and they are not home,what is the procedure to prerecord them,
and have the concierge sign for all of them as one stop.?

By the way, DS, "fair question". :)

iruhnman630

I think it's there so you can accidentally hit it while doing air and then when you are about to punch out you figure it out and now you have late air.

Been there, done that.

To answer the op...prerecord can still be used for multi-stop deliveries, among other things.

Cementups

Box Monkey
I use prerecord several times a day. I have several businesses that have different drop off locations. So I drop packages at one location and prerecord them, go to second location and prerecord them and then go to office and prerecord them. Then mark all as LC, LC, LC and have the receptionist sign for all three. This way I get credit for all three stops and not just having them look like they were delivered to the office.

DS

Fenderbender
I use it when I have to wait .I sort and prerecord stops to deliver later.
I'm glad they allow the option.Like when you have multiple stops in one place
that only certain people can sign.If the air is late,I use the time to prerecord.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I use prerecord several times a day. I have several businesses that have different drop off locations. So I drop packages at one location and prerecord them, go to second location and prerecord them and then go to office and prerecord them. Then mark all as LC, LC, LC and have the receptionist sign for all three. This way I get credit for all three stops and not just having them look like they were delivered to the office.

Why wouldn't you get a signature at each of the locations? How does the receptionist verify the package count?

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

They didn't think teaching the diad was important when I went to driver school. The center thought it should have been taught at driver school. I learned by myself on Saturday's. Not much of a need, then. Not many apt. desk jockeys will sign for packages here. Will call racks always full.

You won't need the DIAD as a 22.3 shuttling air to the airport.

menotyou

bella amicizia
You won't need the DIAD as a 22.3 shuttling air to the airport.
You need it to deliver. Which is what I did after I got back. Every day. And, on Saturday's. Apparently, your center didn't take advantage of the fact that my truck didn't count as a route. As of July 9, 2009, I went FT. Considering these facts, Oh Bubble of Knowledge, I think teaching the diad at driver school(where the company teaches one method) would be important.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

NI is for residentials.

CLO is for businesses.

The proper method would be to show the initial delivery attempt and then resheet the stop as a duplicate stop when you go back.

menotyou

bella amicizia
22.3's don't have to worry about that.
I'd love that gravy job. Life would be sweet. Don't see it happening though. Not this time, at least. Next time I go out, most likely. Probably why the gravy job will be made FT. I think Brian is actually doing something for me. And, the gravy job does have to worry about CLO 12-1 at my center. Not sure what the Bubble of Goodness does for their air driver, though.

kingOFchester

That's called NI1 to 12 pkgs; rescanned when I go back for 12 addt'l pieces plus another stop.

Its a vet that is always open during business hours in a mostly residential area. Dr. lives in the house. I was there, like always, around 12:15. Can't sheet as closed.

What is proper and directed to do is not sheet any business as closed between 12 and 1.