Prerecord Button

Cementups

Box Monkey
I use prerecord several times a day. I have several businesses that have different drop off locations. So I drop packages at one location and prerecord them, go to second location and prerecord them and then go to office and prerecord them. Then mark all as LC, LC, LC and have the receptionist sign for all three. This way I get credit for all three stops and not just having them look like they were delivered to the office.

Why wouldn't you get a signature at each of the locations? How does the receptionist verify the package count?

A)The people at the other locations are at lunch or working in another area (I don't chase people down).
B)Trust.

T-Bone

I use Prerecord at the mall I deliver to. I scan, preRec, and load maybe 12 stops on a cart at a time and wheel it thru the mall. I just look at the preRec list to remind me what I have on the cart. I may have a bad memory, but I blame it on all of the distractions in the mall.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I use Prerecord at the mall I deliver to. I scan, preRec, and load maybe 12 stops on a cart at a time and wheel it thru the mall. I just look at the preRec list to remind me what I have on the cart. I may have a bad memory, but I blame it on all of the distractions in the mall.

Why wouldn't you load your cart stop for stop and then look down at the first stop on the cart to see where you are going next?

kingOFchester

Why wouldn't you load your cart stop for stop and then look down at the first stop on the cart to see where you are going next?

I cover a mall trip from time to time. We have flat bed dollies at the mall. Some stores get nothing more then a single box or envelope, while others may get 10+ packages. It is more time consuming and not even feasible to load the flat bed stop for stop. Much easier to look at diad.

Cementups

Box Monkey
If your EDD and SPA was correct then it could all be separated in the DIAD for you already.
I used to run a mall trip and I never used prerecord for deliveries there. I would stack stuff on the cart and REMEMBER what I had for where. I would alos stack in certain orders so that each stop was ready to grab when I got it without having to rummage through the cart for stuff.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Every store in our mall uses the same address--the driver scrolls down through the consignee list as he is delivering. When you use prerecord it will only show the address, not the consignee, so if all of the stores are using the same address how would prerecording save any time?

menotyou

bella amicizia
Every store in our mall uses the same address--the driver scrolls down through the consignee list as he is delivering. When you use prerecord it will only show the address, not the consignee, so if all of the stores are using the same address how would prerecording save any time?
Maybe, his mall is like mine. Some use the mall address, some have their own. It makes no sense how/why it's that way, but it is.

menotyou

bella amicizia

Maybe, his mall is like mine. Some use the mall address, some have their own. It makes no sense how/why it's that way, but it is.

The point is prerecording, other than for mulitple left-ats, does not save time.
I made it easy for you by highlighted the pertinent points.

Cementups

Box Monkey
The mall I delivered was 1 Mall Rd. but each store was separated in EDD . Like I said, as long as the.. SPA team does their job then it should already be separated in EDD

kingOFchester

Do not know if it saves time or not. I find it easier for me and keeps me more organized if I scan packages as I load cart and prerecord. Is it the "right" or "best" or most "efficient" way to do it? Do not know, and really do not care. It works for me, I run scratch and get it done with no concerns.

Also, some of the packages and stops show up under one stop.

What'dyabringmetoday???

NI is for residentials.

CLO is for businesses.

The proper method would be to show the initial delivery attempt and then resheet the stop as a duplicate stop when you go back.
You better get with the head muckity-mucks Skippy. I only say this because of the prompt when you use Not-In. You know- when it asks if it is residential or commercial? Obviously they need to change that because "NI is for residentials." No need to ask which it is , right??

BrownArmy

For multiple trips using a handcart in the hospital/office building, sometimes I don't want to stand at the busy receptionist's desk and scan thirty+ letters and a dozen packages...

The stop is already in prerecord, I dump the packages, get a signature and go on my way.

Impex

After being over dispatched with air and told I couldn't drop air, I arrive at my last air stop just in time. Scan all pcs including ground (97 total) now after 10:30, I went to press pkginfo button to go into special account screen to enter my irregs, hit pre record instead... Boom 17 late air and a warning letter, manger said no disciplinary action would of been in forced if I arrived to stop after 10:30, but since I accidentally hit pre record its my fault.

Cementups

Box Monkey
After being over dispatched with air and told I couldn't drop air, I arrive at my last air stop just in time. Scan all pcs including ground (97 total) now after 10:30, I went to press pkginfo button to go into special account screen to enter my irregs, hit pre record instead... Boom 17 late air and a warning letter, manger said no disciplinary action would of been in forced if I arrived to stop after 10:30, but since I accidentally hit pre record its my fault.

I did the same thing once. 51 late air. oops!

feeder05

before I went into feeders...thank God..I used it when working in high rises and while I was waiting for an elevator would sheet stops so all I would have to do is drop them off in an office and have a secretary sign..Plus you can use it at apartments when residents are not in and you have the manager sign for all off your stops.