Prerecord deliveries til after 1

trickpony1

I can't answer for 769, but in our center, yes. We were PCM'd to pre-record and complete the stop after 1:01 and before 4:59.

I remember when falsification was grounds for termination. Now it seems to be the hallmark of our organization and its leaders. :confused:1

upsdude

I remember when falsification was grounds for termination. Now it seems to be the hallmark of our organization and its leaders. :confused:1

Ya know Trick, what gets me is we have already established that Atlanta reads this forum. They probably have some IE intern spending a couple hours a day reading this forum. Everything discussed in this thread is easily confirmed with the thousands of "reports" the company can print out. Why does Eskew allow this to continue? All for the sake of looking good on paper? Paper the bill paying customer will never see and could really give a flip about. All the customer wants is their freaking package. :mad:

browniehound

There is a very simple solution to everyone's dilema here. Simply take YOUR lunch between 12 and 1 and you'll never have to deal with this problem. Sounds great right? Not that easy. Number 1, if we're working to 730 everynight, from 12 to 8pm is too long of time from lunch to dinner. Number 2, you're going to piss a lot of customers off because they are going to get their stuff after 1 when they are used to getting it before 12. How are us drivers going to solve this problem? Go back? work around the stops you know are closed? Ok, but now, we're going to off trace and I thought the point of PAS was to stay on trace. At the same time, in my career I've encountered few problems with finding someone to sign or someone to leave the parcel with between 12 and 1.

Here is my question. What do you do about known closes on certain days and you happen to arrive there at 1215? Is it then OK to prerecord and stop complete later?

canon

Here is my question. What do you do about known closes on certain days and you happen to arrive there at 1215? Is it then OK to prerecord and stop complete later?

I go back. Sometimes you luck into finding someone cleaning or coming in to work off hours at the office. One less stop to deal with tomorrow, and I've followed company policy concerning the lunch hour stops and avoiding falsifying records. Helps me to sleep at night. Well, after I stay up all night on here, then I sleep better. Sometimes.

DS

Fenderbender
I`m pissed that some out of touchUPS GODmade this stupid decision .
just to look good on paper

Steelheader

The Fishing UPS Guy
This is a very stupid rule. But they've been doing that alot lately. Funny, we were just told NOT to record during that time. We've had many sups fired for falsification of records. I can't see where purposely having you do it is safe for them. I had my sup ask me to not sheet up my businesses closed on fridays during 12-1. Only problem? Well, these are doctors offices that are open from 12-1, and close from 1-3 SCHEDULED on their doors for lunch. So technically, I'm delivering during THEIR scheduled business hours and would be delivering during their SCHEDULED closed hours (which used to be a no no). I was sheeting them as closed holiday, since fridays are a scheduled day off for most of my dentists. But was told only an actual holiday can be used, and had to use a CLO1,2,3 on them (though I am not supposed to use a del notice on it). Had over 6 ding up as missed. Had no reason to go back, since these offices are barren. Think I've seen people there maybe once or twice in the 15 years I've covered this route (and have been the bid driver for about 5 years now).

Think this micromanaging has to go. They are trying to overdue the control issue here.

Now, don't get me started on this pickup compliance crap they're touting now. Sheesh.

Channahon

That's right........ and all management wants is their MIP, Bonuses, Options, big home and Lexus SUV.....and they are willing lie, cheat and steal to get it.

Makes ya proud doesn't it? :mad:
I was one of those management people and never compromised my integrity to jeopardize my job. Nor would I accept any other UPS employee to lie, cheat or steal to beneift personally. Regrardless of UPS or any other company.

jerrymo91

We were told to use Closed Holiday for businesses closed certain days during the week. Then district told center manager not to use Closed Hol. for that reason. Any time you sheet a business stop NI or Closed between 1200 and 100 it shows as NDA on Center report and District sees it. Make sure you sheet before 1200 or after 100. Also must sheet it before 500 if closed all day or it will also show as NDA

Steelheader

The Fishing UPS Guy
NDA??? You're telling me it shows up as a next day air (or am I reading NDA wrong???).

Here's another one we're having a problem with. Scheduled times for companies. I (like other drivers) have companies with SCHEDULED buisness hours past 7pm at night. Some we regularly deliver to after 5pm. One driver sheeted a company closed at 5:15 (they decided to close up early). They told her she must sheet it up before 5pm or it's a missed. That's totally absurd.

No offense to any management here, but I believe UPS should go back to the old rule that you MUST be a driver first before going into management. In recent years, we've had on car sups AND center managers who never took a turn behind the wheel as a full time package car driver. What's that all about? Keep them behind the scenes like they were before (I do believe most were TSG and IE but somehow made it to package). Problem is, you have guys who never spent time in the field trying to tell you how to do your job. It's not all "black and white", but there are plenty of shades of grey while doing this job. Like my route. It's made a shift in the last 2 years. I went from doing about 55% business and 45% resis to doing about 85% business and 15% resis. Business have grown (and bulk) and they've pulled resi's off my route. I'm doing SAME amount of stops and same miles. But more business. Guess what? I get grief of why I am taking longer to do same amount of stops as I was doing last year. Hmmmm. Signed business stops vs DR resi stops? Doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure that one out.

canon

NDA??? You're telling me it shows up as a next day air (or am I reading NDA wrong???).

No Delivery Attempt I think

And you're echoing the exact same issues I and others have concerning pas. Be forewarned... it's not a welcome position here as some take it to be anti-company rhetoric. For those of us who work in a center where fixing the continued problems with pas is difficult or non-existant... I know what you're dealing with. I was lucky enough to recieve a bump from the changes they made, now I'm working on my third route since pas came about and still can't get anyone to even fix the number sequences. If I hit 50% trace, it's a good day.

Last edited:

Steelheader

The Fishing UPS Guy
Oh, didn't think about the No Delivery Attempt. Makes sense.

Talking about not making sense. Have any of you had the service commit times on your pickups being tossed at you? Or shall I say keeping our pickups in "compliance"??? Now they want us to have a specific pickup time, and keep the pickups within a certain time frame. Like others, my pickups aren't always the same. Plus, I have a UPS store that is one of my last pickups. I don't close the UPS store out until I'm done with my deliveries. That way I can drop my air there and finish my route (since it's one of my last stops anyways). Saves me time (and daylight during the winter) if I can get right back to work. Plus, I don't have the conflict in space in back of store (where we pickup) when the air driver stops to get my air. Add onto that, where I drop my pup (TP60) I don't sign them off until I pickup my Pup. They leave the end of day in the back. When I secure the rear door of Pup I sign "EOD" and slide it under their roll up door where pup rests. Only problem, that could be as early as 430pm (if they're done early when I do my prelim there) or as late as 9pm (during peak). Depends on my schedule and the company who we use the pup for. This is insane. What's next?