Prerecord

Wizzy

Obviously something said by someone who doesn't understand the purpose of prerecord. I have accidentally hit prerecord while delivering bulk stop with air and had late air. Best fix would e software change to ask if you want to prerecord

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Obviously something said by someone who doesn't understand the purpose of prerecord. I have accidentally hit prerecord while delivering bulk stop with air and had late air. Best fix would e software change to ask if you want to prerecord

He drove for 12 years and fully understands the prerecord function.

Turns out we had a driver who was delivering a bulk stop w/air. He scanned all the packages that he could find but was still missing one so rather than have the consignee sign for what he had scanned and then look for that last package he put the stop in prerecord, looked and then found the package, opened the stop back up and added that package. Of course, this has changed the time stamp and the air was now "late" even though it really wasn't.

I used prerecord at least 10 times today. Business as usual.

9.5er

IF they don't want us to use the prerecord function then take it out of the diad. Til then I will use it when I need to.

TheScratchKid

He drove for 12 years and fully understands the prerecord function.

Turns out we had a driver who was delivering a bulk stop w/air. He scanned all the packages that he could find but was still missing one so rather than have the consignee sign for what he had scanned and then look for that last package he put the stop in prerecord, looked and then found the package, opened the stop back up and added that package. Of course, this has changed the time stamp and the air was now "late" even though it really wasn't.

I used prerecord at least 10 times today. Business as usual.
I accidentally hit pre-record at least a couple bulk stops a week. If it's 10:25 and I have 1+40, I'll just have them sign for the air then DUP stop to be safe.

Pooter

We got the speech in our center. Even claiming disciplinary action if we didn't follow.

Ten seconds later, my center manager pulled drivers aside and gave them the OK, just no NDAs.

It's hard to take anything serious other than the obvious

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
He told us that one of our drivers had put an air stop in prerecord and when he went to complete the stop it showed as late, due to the change in the time stamp.

I have accidentally hit prerecord while delivering bulk stop with air and had late air.

Hasn't management told you the trick....

How to bring them out of prerecord after 10:30, so they aren't late ?

The company has known about it for a couple years.

The drivers here, have known about it for at least a year. Maybe more.

-Bug-

Coldworld

60 months and counting
I'd get it in writing since it goes against the 340 methods. He won't give it to you, so then it is just business as normal.
It's only a method when they want it to be....goes back and forth like a ping pong ball...thought the methods were suppose to be a guideline on how to do the job efficiently and safely...now its just another production tool..just like the allowances which they also fucc with...

Coldworld

60 months and counting
I'd get it in writing since it goes against the 340 methods. He won't give it to you, so then it is just business as normal.
I have one that averages 30 a day. It's really sweet. ORION computer shows a time allowance of just over one hour to do the building.

One hour to wander the halls, listening to music in 72° and dry comfort.
Just wait..they will change it like everything else....btw, how did you find out how much time you received for those stops and what unit # do they give you in the diad for those???