prescription drugs

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
can i be terminated for using a doctors prescription of xanax, when found in a drug test?

Yes. DOT prohibited schedule drug. There are quite a few prescriptions that are not DOT approved and many doctors don't have a clue .

Do your research . This only applies if you drive.

outtatime

No, DOT drug tests don't look for Xanax anyway. However, no doctor will give you a DOT card if you tell them you are taking it as it's a benzodiazepine and prohibited while driving a commercial vehicle.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
No, DOT drug tests don't look for Xanax anyway. However, no doctor will give you a DOT card if you tell them you are taking it as it's a benzodiazepine and prohibited while driving a commercial vehicle.

Yes, you can be terminated. It won't show on a drug test but if you admit you're taking it or FedEx otherwise discovers it the prohibited status makes it a terminable offense.

mitchel

Yes, you can be terminated. It won't show on a drug test but if you admit you're taking it or FedEx otherwise discovers it the prohibited status makes it a terminable offense.

thanks, i wouldnt tell the DOT dr anyways. that urine test is drug to test for glucose/diabetes. Im mostly question a real drug/urine test for job upgrade...swing driver dot/cdl

MrFedEx

Engorged Member

thanks, i wouldnt tell the DOT dr anyways. that urine test is drug to test for glucose/diabetes. Im mostly question a real drug/urine test for job upgrade...swing driver dot/cdl

Just don't tell anyone and you'll be fine. No testing for benzo category drugs yet as others have said. I'm sure there a few dummies every year that list exactly what they're taking when they're doing their DOT down at the local cheapest clinic/facility available. If the doctor has any experience at all with DOT regs, they won't issue you a card until you get a different approved med. If they tell FedEx, you could be fired.

I'll bet there are a buttload of FedEx employees on Xanax, especially managers.

Mr. 7

The monkey on the left.
My former mgr., that just left, told me "don't tell the DOT dr. anything" and, we're currently using a chiropractor. Ha ha ha