Discussion in 'UPS Union Issues' started by JM_UPS2005, May 5, 2014.

1. JM_UPS2005

JM_UPS2005 Member

Under the UPS plan (Aetna) my medications were almost $13 a month. Teamcare, they'll only be $5?

Sent using BrownCafe App
  2. Wally

Wally Hailing from Parts Unknown.

Mine have no out of pocket but I use the mail order service. My doctor just faxes in the Rx.
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  3. jpf75

jpf75 Member

im still under ups plan and I pay 0!!!
  4. The Milkman

The Milkman Active Member

$O Mail order, $0 Generic at local Pharmacy, $5 name brand.......Not on Teamcare so wondering awaits me?
  5. DriveInDriveOut

DriveInDriveOut The One Who Knocks

I'm under part timers' UPS plan through Aetna(Medco/Express Scripts)... they pay 80% of prescriptions, I pay 20%.

Starting June 1st, under Teamcare prescriptions through mail order are free, or $5 dollars each if you pick them up at a pharmacy. Have your doctor fax in the prescription for mail order and save yourself the money and hassle of waiting in line at the pharmacy.
  6. UpstateNYUPSer

UpstateNYUPSer Very proud grandfather.

What hassle? My doctor calls in my scripts and they are ready when I walk in. Refills, if ordered, are requested online and are also ready when I walk in.

On a side note, when you use the "$" you don't have to add the word "dollars". $5 dollars is redundant.
  7. JM_UPS2005

JM_UPS2005 Member

$5 isn't bad. I would like to do mail order but I'm worried about the medications getting too hot. They're suppose to be room temperature and the trucks probably reach a 130 degrees in the Summer.

Sent using BrownCafe App
  8. DriveInDriveOut

DriveInDriveOut The One Who Knocks

I wish I had the same experience. Seems like I'm waiting in line for 10 minutes every time I pick up at Walgreens.
    My bad. Sorry to be redundant. I apologize.
    When I post, I'm usually not redundant in my posts. I'm not always redundant but sometimes I am redundant.
    • Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  9. brownmonster

brownmonster Man of Great Wisdom

Walgreens has a drive thru.
  10. UpstateNYUPSer

Walgreens is a PITA to deliver to.
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  11. brownmonster

brownmonster Man of Great Wisdom

Since they don't like us in the front and won't answer in the back, maybe they should let us deliver to the drive thru.
  12. CVS is easiest to deliver to. Just flirt with the girls in there and they'll let you put your package anywhere.
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  13. How do you remember that name to log in? It has to be a nightmare.
  14. UpstateNYUPSer

Has anyone else noticed a sharp decline in the amount of NDA that we deliver to Walgreen's? They used to be good for at least one to two per week but I haven't had to deliver there in at least 3-4 months.

I know for awhile Staples had decided to downgrade their service level on incoming premium packages to NDA Saver, but they have since gone back to NDA, except for their paychecks.
  15. 3 done 3 to go

3 done 3 to go In control of my own destiny

I cant remember the last time we needed rx . If we do its 5 bucks. Ready when we walk in the door
  16. Brownslave688

Brownslave688 You want a toe? I can get you a toe.

I wish it was that simple.

Told the wife she has been dropped because her work offers her insurance. I would love to know if anyone else has had this problem.

Called teamcare and they were rude and zero help. Basically said that's the way it is. Tough.

Plan on contacting the local soon but I would guess their answer will be call teamcare.
  17. burrheadd

burrheadd Superstar

My wife uses her insurance as her primary. She uses mine as secondary and I do the opposite. Can't remember the last time either of us has had to pay any out of pocket
  18. RealPerson

RealPerson Active Member

Are you Management?
    What contract are you under?

ANYONE else Non Management have this happen?
  19. Brownslave688

Brownslave688 You want a toe? I can get you a toe.

Not management and that's the first thing I told teamcare. They said we know that. This is how teamcare is set up.

Central region.
  20. RealPerson

RealPerson Active Member

I have heard of insurance companies doing this now... and or figuring out which one is primary based on different things.

When the contract was being negotiated, I know UPS DROPPED management spouses if they Had or HAVE the ability to get insurance. I vaguely remember union saying that teamcare would not do this, IDK....