President Bush Interview with Matt Lauer

tieguy

Banned
That might be obvious to you and I, but necessarily to everyone else. Klein's post was in response to the suggestion that the recession was caused entirely by the democratic congress elected in 2006.

which in turn was a response to the point that the current recession was entirely caused by Bush. I wish we could return to the economy we had under Bush prior to the democrats taking over congress.

4 to 5 percent gnp growth , 4 to 4.5 percent unemployment. Bush had this economy humming.

someday perhaps if we're lucky some reporter when confronted with Obama's blaming Bush will remind Obama of the economic results we were getting before Obama got elected to congress.

ajblakejr

Age quod agis
I met this man in August 2001.
It was a pre 9/11 world.

He is gracious and he looks you in the eye.

I would have him over for a BBQ and we would talk about the NFL.
I do miss him and I respect him.

I saw him on TV - I developed more respect for him.

He spoke about unscripted moments. He was right. Those moments are the most sincere and revealing.

diesel96

which in turn was a response to the point that the current recession was entirely caused by Bush. I wish we could return to the economy we had under Bush prior to the democrats taking over congress.

4 to 5 percent gnp growth , 4 to 4.5 percent unemployment. Bush had this economy humming.

someday perhaps if we're lucky some reporter when confronted with Obama's blaming Bush will remind Obama of the economic results we were getting before Obama got elected to congress.

Humming to the effect of GNP growth favoring the wealthiest Americans and "wahoo", a trickle down abundance of minimum wage jobs or less for hire....Goodbye middleclass and Welcome to America Juan the gardner and Maria the maid....They will take care of your home and children while you enjoy your tax cuts and cheerlead for more defense spending.....Oh, the good ole days under Bush....lol

rod

Retired 22 years
If nothing else ---he was good for a laugh:

[video=youtube;DEbZqvMu2cQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DEbZqvMu2cQ[/video]

bbsam

Staff member
I met this man in August 2001.
It was a pre 9/11 world.

He is gracious and he looks you in the eye.

I would have him over for a BBQ and we would talk about the NFL.
I do miss him and I respect him.

I saw him on TV - I developed more respect for him.

He spoke about unscripted moments. He was right. Those moments are the most sincere and revealing.
Pssst. Aj. You're swooning.

ajblakejr

Age quod agis
If nothing else ---he was good for a laugh:

[video=youtube;DEbZqvMu2cQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DEbZqvMu2cQ[/video]

My gut is -GW would laugh with you at his vocal mistakes.

On the media and public scrutinizing the semantics of his speeches:
Words matter. The modern president is ... of course every word is analyzed. And sometimes I didn't get my words right. And I never tell these audiences I speak to, you didn't elect me cause I was Shakespeare. And I didn't pretend to be. The truth of the matter is you speak a lot as the president. And of course you're going to say things that when you look back at it, you wish you could put it differently.
Pssst. Aj. You're swooning.

He is a man and he is very good looking. He has a very pleasant personality.
Call me a DAWG - I like men.

Hell - Billy needs to put some weight back on because the gaunt in the face look hurts him in the "chick magnet" department.

ajblakejr

Age quod agis
I would like to ride with GW.
I do like the conversation with him and Sean.

However -
The first thing I would ask him to do is to pull over -
I would calmly explain to him that I do understand this is an interview and we are doing it in a causal conversation style.
I would explain that driving safe is the priority and that I need his eyes infront of the truck and he needs to use his mirrors.
I would not be offended if he did not look at me because I understand it is his nature to look at the person.

I understand we are driving on his property. However, safe driving is a habit and your former status as President does not protect you from accidents.

Mr. President, two hands on the wheel.

I would explain to GW - Space and Visibility, how you do it and what it does for you.
No disrespect to GW. We all have bad habits and I just would want him to be SAFE.

[video=youtube;JktsWYikTWk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JktsWYikTWk&feature=related[/video]

tieguy

Banned
Humming to the effect of GNP growth favoring the wealthiest Americans and "wahoo", a trickle down abundance of minimum wage jobs or less for hire....Goodbye middleclass and Welcome to America Juan the gardner and Maria the maid....They will take care of your home and children while you enjoy your tax cuts and cheerlead for more defense spending.....Oh, the good ole days under Bush....lol

If you have any fault with my arguement you should let your president Obama the magnificent know since he is the one who through is own incompetence is quickly elevating Bush to the status of rocket scientist.

lookie lookie Obama went to india to try to get our jobs back and came back empty handed......again.
this may actually be the only time I'm an Obama supporter. I'm actually getting irritated with how other world leaders are arrogantly bitch slapping our president.

over9five

Staff member
I know. First the voters slapped him down last Tuesday. Now the foreign leaders he meets are.

I'm just embarrassed for him now...

tieguy

Banned
I would like to ride with GW.
I do like the conversation with him and Sean.

However -
The first thing I would ask him to do is to pull over -
I would calmly explain to him that I do understand this is an interview and we are doing it in a causal conversation style.
I would explain that driving safe is the priority and that I need his eyes infront of the truck and he needs to use his mirrors.
I would not be offended if he did not look at me because I understand it is his nature to look at the person.

I understand we are driving on his property. However, safe driving is a habit and your former status as President does not protect you from accidents.

Mr. President, two hands on the wheel.

I would explain to GW - Space and Visibility, how you do it and what it does for you.
No disrespect to GW. We all have bad habits and I just would want him to be SAFE.

[video=youtube;JktsWYikTWk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JktsWYikTWk&feature=related[/video]

His is actually interesting in that he may actually be overdoing the right mirror check. Its almost like two successive hits to the rear where he appears to be staring back behind the passenger and then moving his eyes to the passenger. definitely a DQ move.