President Obama Speaks To Muslim World

moreluck

golden ticket member
Your first sentence says EVERYBODY cheats and then your second sentence says those who have preparers cheat. Well, which is it ??????

Not everybody cheats on their taxes...........

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
Your first sentence says EVERYBODY cheats and then your second sentence says those who have preparers cheat. Well, which is it ??????

Not everybody cheats on their taxes...........

Then your obviously not making enough money.:dead: or are not that bright.

Then again, maybe both.

chev

Nightcrawler
I hate to break this news to all of you, but EVERYONE cheats on their taxes in the United States.

Every person who has a tax preparer, places untraceable deductions in returns that are never checked.

Who are you all kidding??

Again, right wing soap box whinning.

Tom D. had his taxes prepared by a professional, that professionals opinion believed that some income was NOT to be claimed.

In the vetting process, after being reviewed by committee, the oversight was detected, and TOM D. wrote a check to cover the amended returns.
It only took 7 months after it was discovered to get around to paying them.

Where did he fail to pay any taxes?

He made the goverment whole in 2 checks when asked for it, just like any other american has to do when asked. Any other American would not have been afforded the chance to ONLY pay up. He committed a crime here in his own damning statement.

The right wing kooks on the radio keep mis-stating the facts on this issue and those of you susceptible (spellcheck broke?) to the non-sense spend your time repeating it.

This happens to millions of people in this country every year, both democrat and republican. Bull****. Prove it. Not to the tune of $146k
Why you folks keep making this a democratic issue I dont know, but maybe you all need a life. Maybe because the media would be dumping all over a Republican rather than kissing his ass.

Tax cheats have been around since the creation of taxes and lawyers.

Get over it.:sheepish:
You really are crack head to say EVERYONE cheats on their taxes. I prepare my own taxes every year and I DON'T take deductions not owed to me. I DON'T conveniently forget to include 80k of income from consulting work. Are you going to stupidly tell me his preparer forgot that too. Don't blame the preparer because I'm sure Tom conveniently forgot to tell the preparer that tid bit of information.
Wow you really are a rat following to pied piper. :sad-little:
Are you practicing your goose step yet?

chev

Nightcrawler
Then your obviously not making enough money.:dead: or are not that bright.
What a pompous liberal A-Hole statement.
Then again, maybe both.
But according to you "EVERYONE" cheats. Doesn't that include the destitute and idiots too? You shouldn't make pompous broad statements that make you look like the fool that you are.
Get a real life Tosser. That fantasy book you are living in is starting to rot like the latest "stimulus" bill. :soapbox:

tieguy

Banned
I'm sure if you took a poll of public attitudes in Egypt, Saudi Arabia, Jordan, Morocco and the United Arab Emirates, etc, you would find at least 80 percent of those surveyed have an unfavorable view of the United States. Critically, I'm sure the polls will find attitudes toward the United States are based more on American policy in the Middle East rather than on American values, freedoms or way of life.

Lets address Muslim views of American culture. Although, I'm not a big fan of their male dominated culture, I'm willing to bet by polling Muslims anonymusly, that a substantial number of favorable attitudes would be expressed when asked about American education, science, music, movies, television, and the American people in general. Let's faced it, most Muslims want the United States to withdraw its bases and troops from all Islamic countries. Majorities in all Muslim countries also want the United States to stop favoring Israel in its relations with the Palestinians. In no Muslim country does a majority trust the United States to help in the creation of an independent Palestinian state.
The uncomfortable truth is that changing Muslim attitudes toward the United States requires changing American policies .

Muslim leadership is now taking numbers to see who gets to rape Obama first. We keep fooling ourselves into believing the muslims want our love. In fact they don't particularly care for the foriegn infidels and will never have more then a cordial relationship. Obama will speak the good talk and throw the money around only to find himself bent over and porked the first time he needs their help on any world issue.

The muslims don't have to like us. I have no desire to ever ride a camel through their deserts. The quicker we develop alternate fuel sources and wean them off our money the better.

Sammie

The war on terrorism is officially over.

Liberals wanted change, they got it, and they can't come crying when terrorists hit again. O demanded today that charges be dropped against al-Qaida bomber Abd al-Rahim al-Nashiri, the suspect in the 2000 USS Cole bombing. What's happening to this country? It's only been two weeks!

BTW, stay tuned for O's photo op tomorrow with victims and families from 9/11 and the USS Cole...???...

wkmac

The real problem of Gitmo is the fact that among the prisoners there, resides some pretty nasty fellows. I don't doubt that at all. But where Gitmo IMO has gone awry is that it's gone from a mechanism of justice to a mechanism of political outcomes. Among the folks convicted, what would happen if even a small % were tried and obtained an acquittal? This would in fact suggest there is potential of innocent people being there and why not? We have people all the time making news even in our own courts here at home where years after conviction, solid evidence either in DNA or the real culprit confesses and people are released from prison.

I just read the other day about a rape case from the 1980's in Texas where a Texas Tech student was convicted of a rape and sentenced to prison and all along he maintained his innocense and even when given options that would literally grant him immediate release, he refused because he maintained he did not do it. Sadly, he died in prison in the late 90's from health issues but now the real culprit has come forward, admitted to the crime and with DNA testing, it does confirm the man was innocent and the latest confessor, himself a convicted serial rapist, was the real assailant. Even the victim herself is fighting to clear the name of the man originally convicted.

This man never budged on maintaining his innocense but what might he have done had he been waterboarded or other means of so-called torture? On the one hand you are innocent but on the other, you are placed in a position that you think you are going to die unless you confess. Most people's survival instincts take over and the desire to live outweigh other factors so in effect, you lie to save your own life. To make the case more to the point, let's say just for the sake of argument that Gitmo has the wrong guy but he's waterboarded and confesses to something he never did or took part in. In order to save his life, he spins the story his captures want to hear and all is well. The Gitmo officials in turn tell their superiors the good news and they pass on the civilian leaders who declare great things to the public and the State has instilled peace and safety in the minds of the public. But here's the dirty little secret that they don't want you to know and it's both sides. The truth is, the real culprit is still at large. Yeah, comforting fact is it not that in some case it's very possible the real terrorist are running about lose while the State paints a false picture just for their own political advantage.

Oh you say that's "BOLLOCKS" (hope that word is Ok Over9/5 :wink2:) well consider the economic crisis we are in. The State both in the Bush admistration and now the Obama adminstration continue their own spins in order to maintain calm and order but are they really telling us the truth? No, because if they were, the first thing out of the box is they'd level with the public about their own culpibility in this mess and admit their own wrongs as both political parties and as a gov't. How can we trust something that we know deep inside our souls that is not honest to begin with? Mistakes happen, happen all the time and expecting humans to be mistake free is way beyond any sort of reason or logic but admitting a mistake as a member of the State proves the State is fallible because the State is made up of humans. It's a complete false picture. Do they not realize in admitting the truth, giving all the facts with insure a sense of calm? Sure, we'll be made for a moment but then we'll realize that we weren't lied too in the end, an element of trust will come into play and just maybe in a peaceful manner we can mover forward and solve the problem which in fact is exactly what we need to do.

All that said, Col. "Mo" Davis was a principle prosecutor at Gitmo but has now resigned and in one case he actually became a defense witness. http://abcnews.go.com/TheLaw/story?id=4347236&page=1 Col. Davis has spoken out about Gitmo as have others in military circles and the problems will continue to grow. As for pressure from civilian ranks on controlling Gitmo outcomes, just consider this single piece to make you step back and at least ask the question as any honest person would. http://www.salon.com/politics/war_room/2008/04/29/davis/index.html?source=refresh This is also linked the the former piece @ Salon http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2008/04/28/AR2008042802982.html?hpid%3Dtopnews&sub=AR

Closing Gitmo may or may not be the right course but I can tell you this. Contriving trails for purpose of conviction just to insure political outcome does not ensure justice on the actual bad guys that did the job and even worse is it sets up a false sense of security. Cheney just recently warned that we would suffer more attacks and many pundits made fun of him as trying to boost his own self interests. I contend he might just be right this time because in his quest for political outcome, he and others with him insured the real bad guys still may dwell among us. For once, in Cheney's own way, he just might be admitting the truth!

In the annuls of history, Kings and heads of State were seen as if Gods themselves and thus God was never fallible. All knowing and all perfect. Nothing has changed, it's still the same and now we have greater technological means to further the myth among the masses. The question is, at what point do you stand up and realize the King truly has no clothes?

Welfare and Warfare are the health of the State!

1970282417_b73516468e.jpg

Sammie

The real problem of Gitmo is the fact that among the prisoners there, resides some pretty nasty fellows. I don't doubt that at all. But where Gitmo IMO has gone awry is that it's gone from a mechanism of justice to a mechanism of political outcomes. Among the folks convicted, what would happen if even a small % were tried and obtained an acquittal? This would in fact suggest there is potential of innocent people being there and why not? We have people all the time making news even in our own courts here at home where years after conviction, solid evidence either in DNA or the real culprit confesses and people are released from prison.

I hope you're not insinuating that the USS Cole suspect was innocent. We well may have had the chance to find out if he did or didn't do this. The court hearing was to begin for Abd al-Rahim al-Nashiri on Monday of next
week. But all charges were dropped yesterday, and can supposedly be reinstated at a later time. And why? What inside information does O have about this case that the judges and the attorneys don't? After just two weeks, O, who has never been in active or inactive service, now knows more about military commissions than any Colonel or Commander.

So if something terrible were to happen, O. can just say, "Whoops! Screwed up again!"

wkmac

The quicker we develop alternate fuel sources and wean them off our money the better.

Tie,

On the point above you made that I happen to remember, I just read this
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/science/nature/7817849.stm and thought you might find of some interest. It's obviously not set in stone yet but the potential of this could fit the bill of the "dead on point" comment above that you made. Also as UPSers, I think we both see the potential upside (no pun intended) for us (UPS) in both air and ground movement. Amazing they can take what some otherwise call pond scum and make it into a combustible fuel for energy!

It would be great to tell the Arab world that we've replaced their relevance in our lives with good ole fashion pond scum!
:happy-very:

wkmac

I hope you're not insinuating that the USS Cole suspect was innocent.

Not insinuatiing anything Sammie or if I am, I refer you back to my post where I said the following:

The real problem of Gitmo is the fact that among the prisoners there, resides some pretty nasty fellows. I don't doubt that at all.

I'm stipulating with the fact and my belief that at Gitmo are some bad people being held.

OK, next point. For the record, I did not vote for Obama and I don't support Obama but let's look at President Obama's decision as you seem to put it to release all the Gitmo prisoners back out to reign havoc and destruction back on us again. It is true that Obama wants to close Gitmo in a year's time but what exactly does that mean? Can Obama just pick up the phone and order this done like we would order pizza from Pizza Hut and give little thought to all things involved? No, he can't and in fact in defense of President Obama, I'm not convinced he did any such thing. I'm not convinced your argument is valid in that context.

On Jan. 22nd, 2009, President Obama issued an Executive Order that called for the Closing of Gitmo but in the Executive Order, very specific details laid out the process in which this should be done and how the prisoners should be processed. Here is the actual order diret from the White House website:

http://www.whitehouse.gov/the_press_office/Closure_Of_Guantanamo_Detention_Facilities/

Now take the time to actually read this document for yourself and consider these points.

Sec. 2. Findings.

(a) Just read it at the link

So before Obama took office, the federal gov't or to be more specific, the executive branch and the military under that command, this being President Bush, has released/moved/etc. in one form or another 500 of the 800 detainees at Gitmo. In otherwords, the previous adminstration removed nearly 2/3rds of the prisoners from Gitmo in various ways so let's be clear on that fact. Some reports of recent are that a number of these are alleged to have returned to the field of battle in the so-called "war on Terror." If so, don't blame Obama, let's be fair and clear on that fact.

(b) read at the link

I don't see anyone getting released and free to go in any of this without first that person having had their case reviewed if not adjudicated in one form or another. I think if President Obama can move these persons forward and have their case adjudicated so we know who in fact we do have, what we have and who shouldn't be there would be a good thing. What if we have somene there we think is a bad guy and therefore we in some way relax but once tired and the evidence gets full review, we realize the person is either innocent or not as deeply involved, we can then set about the task of actually finding the ones who did the deed and get them. Is the point to get the right people or is it just the fact that we get somebody to blame just to make us feel better in our rightous indignation? A US Court Judge ruled that the gov't of Sudan was responsible for the Cole attact and yet have we set about to kick some Sudie arse? http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/17598388/ Where's you rightous indignation there? Yeman actually freed not only many of the attackers of the Cole but the plotter himself. http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2007/10/26/terror/main3414029.shtml Again, quiet as a church mouse from the Amen corner! But hey, we got the guy in Gitmo, RIGHT! Yeah we got him so all is well! Attention, place you seats in the relaxed position and return to your sleep as "THE STATE" has you protected.

Has there been a case where someone was realized not to be as big a fish as once thought and then later they were better properly classified and convictions still went forward? Yep! The case of Salim Ahmed Hamdan fits that example. https://web.archive.org/web/20091130123437/http://www.defenselink.mil/news/newsarticle.aspx?id=46288

(c) Read at the link

The infamous Hamdan vs. Rumsfeld case created a problem for Gitmo and let's be clear on something before going forward. You can blame liberals for this, you can blame spineless democrats for this but here's the aweful truth. 7 of the 9 SCOTUS judges that heard this case (yes I know Riberts recused himself) were republican appointees. Let me say this again more clearly, only 2 of the SCOTUS judges who heard this case were appointed by liberals/democrats/commies/fags/losers or whatever term of the day you guys use but the point is, don't blame this on them. In fact, in response to this judical problem, Congress and this includes a few democrats voted to pass the Military Commissions Act to circumvent the problems presented by Hamdan vs. Rumsfeld but IMO it created an even worse Constitutional nightmare whose precedence may haunt us badly one day. In the US Constitution under Art. 1, Section 9 under the powers of Congress it states that Congress can't pass an ex post facto law. SCOTUS had ruled as a matter of law that the GITMO detainees for right or wrong, had access to certain rights, priviledges or what have you. In order to partly circumvent that decision, the Military Commissions Act was passed "by Congress" and in this matter I believe this is ex post facto law and violates the spirit of Art. 1, Sec. 9.

You see, in your bloodlust for revenge you are allowing congress to set a precedence they can exercise later. What if for example your worse nightmare in the democrat controlled Congress decided to make something you did today that is completely lawful, a crime come Monday and then send out federal agents to arrest you for it? If we give an inch, they take a mile and come Monday, that income you earn at UPS that really belongs in total to them, they may decide that 50% of that should be taxed and in fact to correct the wrongs of the Bush tax cuts they are going to pass an ex post facto law that retrieves those back taxes from you. As much as you guys spin the nightmare scenarios of Reed and Pelosi, you gonna sit there and tell me they would not do this if the opportunity too do so presented itself and they could get away with it? Think again DUDE!

(g) read at the link

All detainees will get a full review and Sec. 4 of the order even specifies that among those involved in this review process are none other than the Sec. of Defense (Gates) and the Joint Chiefs of the Military. Are you gonna sit there and tell me that these men will allow any bad guys to run loose willy nilly? I'm a complete believer in all things gov't are all things screwed up but I don't even go that far! Democrats are minding the store and the last thing they want to do is set the wrong person loose and have them come back and do something and make them look bad. As much as democrats screamed about the Patriot Act, now that they solidly control Congress and could rescind that Act in the blink of an eye, have they done so or even as much as even mentioned it? Nope a peep! And in a twist of irony, Obama adminstration lawyers are currently defending John Yoo and his torute memo's in a federal court lawsuit. http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0109/18063.html And let's be clear, President Obama is in effect defending Dick Cheney because Yoo was Cheney's attack dog.
As one of my favorite lines from the Sci-fi B movie They Live. "Ain't Love Grand!" :happy-very:

No Sammie, I don't pretend anyone at Gitmo to be innocent nor guilty for that matter but how can we trust the outcome if there is reason to believe the convictions were rigged for a political outcome as one of the links discusses in my original post. This is exactly why Col. Mo Davis left and Lt. Col. Darrel Vandeveld also left as Gitmo prosecutor and is speaking out. http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/americas/7761315.stm

If in our bloodlust, we just want a body to blame so the old west lynch mob cries, "get a rope" then we can do this all day long but what good does it do to not make sure we have the real bad guys and prove it for the world to see. America was founded on justice and in fact as this may be offensive to some (screw you if it is) on principles found in holy writ that are rightous and morally correct even among our human errors. For those of you who proclaim a christian foundation, how would you answer if it turned out you called for the blood of the innocent to be spilled to satisfy your so-called rightous indignation? Don't make the mistake and give Pontius Pilate the excuse to allow Barabus to run free while the State executes an innocent man. Mobs can easily be manipulated to do such a thing! The State doesn't care in it's exercise of power if the party is guilty or not, the point is only in making sure the masses continue to believe in the State itself. Ceasar as the right hand of God and the Godking does live!

wkmac

Also Sammie, your fears in Obama may in fact prove unfounded over time after all. Consider this POV on the matter.

http://www.independent.org/blog/?p=1183

You may not like Anthony's position on the issue but on the backflip, Obama's efforts or maybe lack there of may continue the Status quo that you desire. There may be hope for your way afterall!

:wink2:

Babagounj

Strength through joy
By O saying that he would close Gitmo, he kept his campaign promise. In reality Gitmo will never close. We have there some people that no other country wants. So therefore they have to be kept somewhere.
Transferring them to other US prisons would be a major mistake. At Gitmo they have the best medical care of any prison, their own food menus, their own prayer rooms. If you don't think this is true, then contact anyone of the several aid groups that have inspected Gitmo and ask them.

moreluck

golden ticket member
I'm tellin' you, send them all to Sheriff Joe and he'll have them eating baloney in no time !!!
Cost to feed them.....40 cents a day !!

wkmac

By O saying that he would close Gitmo, he kept his campaign promise. In reality Gitmo will never close. We have there some people that no other country wants. So therefore they have to be kept somewhere.
Transferring them to other US prisons would be a major mistake. At Gitmo they have the best medical care of any prison, their own food menus, their own prayer rooms. If you don't think this is true, then contact anyone of the several aid groups that have inspected Gitmo and ask them.

Baba,

You are correct not only suggesting that Gitmo will never close but also in the good conditions. The MSM (Main Street Media) got caught with their rear ends in the wind when well after Camp X-Ray had closed, they were still posting pics and video to the public as this being Gitmo. The new Camp is very modern and nice for what it is and in fairness, more than one prisoner in court has remarked about the good care they have experienced. I'm not suggesting it's Vegas or Cancun by any stretch but conditions are nothing like Camp X-Ray from what I've read about Gitmo.

Moreluck,

Your idea may have some merit once we make sure what we have are all guilty parties. Can you imagine these muslims thrown in among illegals from Mexico who many if not most are also devout Christian Catholic. WWE Smackdown Crusades Part 2! :happy-very:

Then again, they both hate angelos so much we might create a new problem!

Bigger :happy-very::happy-very::happy-very:

moreluck

golden ticket member
At a dinner celebrating Ramadan, President Obama lamented the "distorted impression" that many Americans have of Muslims. Right. YOU'RE the one who told us they riot over YouTube videos.