President Obama!

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
when he stops counting people looking for work then yes It does.
Even your guy Bernie saunders says the real unemployment rate is much higher.
Well I was talking about the reasons for the real participation rate not the imaginary numbers.
Why did it boom and why is dropping 30-40 years later....
There's lots of reasons and none of them have to do with one figurehead.

newfie

Has the method for counting the unemployment rate changed under the Obama administration?

If you pay attention to it there is something odd about the whole counting process in recent years. They will announce the addition of 200 jobs. there are usually around 120000 new job seekers that come of age each month. So your net should be around 80000 . It should take approximately 350 k jobs added to drop the unemployment rate one tenth. Yet this past month we probably netted 80 k and yet dropped it two tenths. They explain the drop by saying that many people dropped out of the job market. Not sure how that happens. Some may be retiree's but not anywhere that many. So where did these people go? I assume they still have expenses and yet no income? Maybe their all collecting disability and food stamps . I don't know . but the numbers don't add up.

they may be using common core math to tabulate the results.

BrownArmy

If you pay attention to it there is something odd about the whole counting process in recent years. They will announce the addition of 200 jobs. there are usually around 120000 new job seekers that come of age each month. So your net should be around 80000 . It should take approximately 350 k jobs added to drop the unemployment rate one tenth. Yet this past month we probably netted 80 k and yet dropped it two tenths. They explain the drop by saying that many people dropped out of the job market. Not sure how that happens. Some may be retiree's but not anywhere that many. So where did these people go? I assume they still have expenses and yet no income? Maybe their all collecting disability and food stamps . I don't know . but the numbers don't add up.

they may be using common core math to tabulate the results.

Is it your assertion that the current administration is playing politics and spinning the numbers to make themselves look good?

I would just refer you to this formula:

: start
: if x = x , continue
: current administration = x
: previous administration = x
: vote for x
: (kill computer, restart)

BigJohnnyO

Since Obama had given us healthcare and wants to bump the minimum wage to $15+, pretty soon we won't need unions since the government will be doing it all for us. That's 100 bucks a month I'll be saving, cha ching.

newfie

Is it your assertion that the current administration is playing politics and spinning the numbers to make themselves look good?

I would just refer you to this formula:

: start
: if x = x , continue
: current administration = x
: previous administration = x
: vote for x
: (kill computer, restart)

run it a few times and let me know what you come up with.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
Since Obama had given us healthcare and wants to bump the minimum wage to $15+, pretty soon we won't need unions since the government will be doing it all for us. That's 100 bucks a month I'll be saving, cha ching.
Ya I'm sure Obama will march down to your workplace and defend your job when the company wants to terminate you for some of their usual BS. We need unions now more than ever.

moreluck

golden ticket member
zWn2IMF.jpg

moreluck

golden ticket member
Just when you think he can’t sink any lower.

WASHINGTON, D.C., September 22, 2015 (LifeSiteNews) — The lesbian teacher fired from a Philadelphia-area Catholic school after complaints over her homosexual “marriage” has been invited to the White House to attend the welcoming ceremony for Pope Francis.

Homosexual activist organization Human Rights Campaign (HRC) verified Monday that it had gotten tickets from the White House for Margie Winters and her homosexual partner Andrea Vettori for the event. The Wednesday ceremony is not open to the public.

The women, who were already planning to attend papal events in Washington D.C. and the World Meeting of Families, were reportedly “giddy” about the news of their invitation.

“Obviously we won’t be talking to the pope, but we will be in the vicinity,” Winters said of the White House event. “But symbolically, it’s a great step forward.”

A report surfaced late last week that the Vatican had taken offense to a White House list of controversial invitees.

An unnamed Vatican official reportedly expressed concern that the photo opportunities with members of the group that publicly violate Church teaching, a pro-abortion activist nun, an openly homosexual Episcopal bishop, and gay activist Catholics, would be used by the Obama administration to indicate Pope Francis approved of their actions.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
marie-auma.jpg

A cousin of Barack Obama is suing Scotland Yard for £400,000 [$609,896.00] after claiming colleagues would deliberately pass wind at her desk to make her life a misery.

Marie Auma says police officers and Met staff conspired to bully her, including two who would regularly break wind near her while working at Southwark Police Station.

The 57-year-old, who was at Mr Obama’s inauguration in 2009, claims she was ‘belittled and humiliated’ in the campaign of alleged harassment.

It stemmed from refusal of leave to visit her brother’s grave after he died in a car crash in Kenya in 2007 and ended in her being medically retired with mental health difficulties.

She told Judge Simon Freeland it was ‘upsetting’ to have a colleague breaking wind ‘in a primitive way’ at her desk while on a nightshift.

‘He would come and stand right in front of me and blow the wind loudly – brrrrp – then look at me and laugh,’ she said.